Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote Start six beeps

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:09 AM
Peacetaker

Default Remote Start six beeps

2014 GT Convertible, just got it - the RMST Series 100 is giving six beeps when pressed, power comes on, but engine doesn't turn over.
Online sources say it's in SERVICE/VALET mode - guessing I just need to authenticate the remotes?
Asking just in case there's a quick other thing I may have overlooked.
Old 11-20-2018, 11:48 AM
JimC

Aftermarket remote start?
Old 11-20-2018, 01:38 PM
Peacetaker

Originally Posted by JimC
Aftermarket remote start?
No, car came with this on it:
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/fo...r_v2-26-13.pdf
Old 11-20-2018, 01:45 PM
JimC

Okay, that is a dealer installed item and not the factory remote start.

So has to be something in the wiring or the dealer didn't program something correctly.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:57 PM
Peacetaker

Originally Posted by JimC
Okay, that is a dealer installed item and not the factory remote start.

So has to be something in the wiring or the dealer didn't program something correctly.
OK, thanks. I'll just give it a whirl when I'm home and have all the keys and fobs in my hot little hands...
Old 11-20-2018, 03:40 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Yes, 6 beeps = The remote start system is in SERVICE/VALET mode, you have to
take it out of Valet Mode. That PDF should tell you everything about the device.
Old 11-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Peacetaker

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
Yes, 6 beeps = The remote start system is in SERVICE/VALET mode, you have to
take it out of Valet Mode. That PDF should tell you everything about the device.
Thanks.

I can't figure out how to take it out of Valet mode yet, will call 1-800-FORD KEY when I get home. It'd be nice to have it working, but if it doesn't... FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, right? I keep it in the garage and pretty much never need to use this. I far preferred the factory setup that didn't stop the engine when I opened the door and all I had to do was put the key in and turn to ON. This feels like a cheesy after-market setup, and I'd like it working - or gone.

Old 11-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Peacetaker

Saw this, interesting...

I don't have a remote like that, though that Lincoln is doing the same thing.

That said, I'm also wondering if someone set up a "My Key" and it thinks it's in Valet Mode?
Old 11-21-2018, 10:45 AM
Peacetaker

Caught a blurb on one of those websites with all the questionable "just one amazing trick to lose 50 lbs in a week" links in the sidebars that said...
Remote Start System

Service/Valet Mode:

In Service/Valet mode, the remote start function is temporarily disabled to prevent the system from unexpectedly starting the engine while being serviced.

To engage the Service/Valet mode, turn the ignition key to the ON or RUN position, hold the brake pedal in, and press the button on the PowerCode remote control transmitter 3-times. The horn will honk six (6) times to indicate that the remote start system is in Service/Valet mode. The ignition key may now be turned OFF.

Todisengage the Service/Valet mode, turn the ignition key to the ON or RUN position, DO NOT hold the brake pedal in, and press the button on the PowerCode remote control transmitter 3-times. The horn will honk six (6) times to indicate that the remote start system has exited Service/Valet mode. The ignition key may now be turned OFF.

* "Press & Hold" refers to pushing the transmitter button for more than one second.

** See your dealer for details on available installation features and options.
I'll add that to my list of things to try when I'm home tonight, prepping and starting the smoker for Thanksgiving. LLLLLLOTS of idle time on that job LOL...
Old 11-21-2018, 11:37 AM
JimC

Good luck, hopefully the deprogram steps take it out of valet mode.

As far as checking to see if you have a "my key" programmed - that is separate from your remote start issue by the way --- go the screens in the center stack and there is one that will tell you how many admin and "my keys" are programmed. If there is a my key programmed you can deprogram that as well. It's been awhile since I had my 2013 so I don't remember how to access that now.

Quick Reply: Remote Start six beeps