Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deleted

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 10:53 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default Deleted

I deleted this TJ
Old 11-11-2005, 11:07 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default deleted too

deleted too
Old 11-11-2005, 11:13 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Beware of SS INSERTS Need advice From you guys

t
Old 11-12-2005, 12:59 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default deleted

I deleted replies too- hope everything works out ok.

anyway, whats up with the louvers? you going to try something different?

and about my pic- had to throw something down there...wish it was my vista blue 06 GT
2-3 more weeks hopefully...my poor 69's been without motor since 84 or so- I should be shot.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:30 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: deleted

Thanks

Yea I decide not to go with the louvers and you have to go post that PS picture again (I agree with everything you said in that post) and I love the look, man that thing looks like a 69 to me from the profile. I look at that pic and it gets me thinking what to do o get that look a super dark tint on the 1/4 windows only maybe some kind of super thin custom made plastic cover painte ford black with 3m tape. I know about the window scoops but dont't think they are for my car.

Oh yea while its on my mind those pics of deep dish wheels I gave you blue GT I have heard since people having problems with the wheels from that company so be warned.

Wow 2-3 weeks thats it congrats I know you waited long enough with what happened

Few questions for you ok more than a few.

What mods if any to have in mind for your car?

I think you mentioned it but not sure are you going to fill in the window?

Ford do you know the correct offset to replace the stock wheels? so they fit like stock I think its +39 but haven't found out for sure yet.

I read you mentioned about the rr alu louvers just so you know which you might thereare 2 out not just the ones that site high.

I always wonder why you just didn't fix up that beautiful looking 69.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:11 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Ford 4v429 Ok just found the link the info on the wheels it was on the front page not sure it you seen it.

https://mustangforums.com/m_793553/tm.htm
Old 11-12-2005, 03:07 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Thanks

Yea I decide not to go with the louvers and you have to go post that PS picture again (I agree with everything you said in that post) and I love the look, man that thing looks like a 69 to me from the profile. I look at that pic and it gets me thinking what to do o get that look a super dark tint on the 1/4 windows only maybe some kind of super thin custom made plastic cover painte ford black with 3m tape. I know about the window scoops but dont't think they are for my car.

Oh yea while its on my mind those pics of deep dish wheels I gave you blue GT I have heard since people having problems with the wheels from that company so be warned.
what kind of probs?
Wow 2-3 weeks thats it congrats I know you waited long enough with what happened
hopefully can get it before salt comes out...ohio winters suck

Few questions for you ok more than a few.

What mods if any to have in mind for your car?

I think you mentioned it but not sure are you going to fill in the window?

Ford do you know the correct offset to replace the stock wheels? so they fit like stock I think its +39 but haven't found out for sure yet.

I read you mentioned about the rr alu louvers just so you know which you might thereare 2 out not just the ones that site high.
mods: first and foremost plan on adding to the odometer count right away
torn between adding miles/spending first week underneath painting undercarriage with POR-15...I really want to seal every pinchweld/crimped seam if possible to prevent rot- but its going to be about impossible not to drive it the first few days (or years maybe).

roof/windows? well I really better get it paid off first...but definitely my first choice if I was a choosin.

probably tinker around with some aluminum, and try to form a upper louver like my 69's, if it works out, the other 5 slats should be easy(although all 6 slats on a 69 are different- more so on a 05 window). maybe even throw a set of 69/70 hinges/latches on...blacking out taillamp panel probably a freebie almost, likely paint separations on taillamps while theyre out...and rear wing too- everything semigloss black. rocker covers and bumper trim line at bottom too...
fangperformace's hood/shaker is perfect, maybe if funds become available... probably NOT blacking out most of the hood like a 69 mach, like the blue, shaker is enough black for me.

performance- unless the factory tune/throttle lag is really bad, will probably not touch it. I dont drive like I did at 16(thank God) and any mods would be a waste for me...I have been contemplating longer routes to work involving multiple freeway onramps for some silly reason...theyre giving me 5 years warranty on the replacement car, so dont want to mess that up either...300hp is more than I will ever need- my insurance is only gonna be 220 a half, would just as soon keep it that way.

I always wonder why you just didn't fix up that beautiful looking 69.
me too...just hope '06 #2 arrives soon and intact so I can get on with things...simply ordering a car should not be this stressful...
Old 11-12-2005, 03:16 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

what kind of probs?

Ford 4v429 Ok just found the link the info on the wheels it was on the front page not sure it you seen it.

https://mustangforums.com/m_793553/tm.htm