Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo charging

Old 11-14-2005, 05:33 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: turbo charging

Look into what brand the turbo spooling unit they are using will be. The piping is not that big of a deal and many places do custom work on things like that for other cars, not just Mustangs. I think some of the people on this forum have even done custom piping for their own cars.

It won't do you any good if they are doing all of this for free (not including the 500) if it's nothing but a headache afterwards just to see if they can do it.

Also, make certain they tune the car properly (w/dyno) and don't put you over 8psi of boost on that stock motor. Otherwise you will be picking up the pieces of your motor. Get all the details in writing!!! I wouldn't want my new car to get jacked up on an experiment and not have any recourse in action. If they do mess up, it will more than likely void your engine warranty.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:50 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andyman

hmm....decals...... i smell rice cookin all of a sudden.

But it would still be cool to have a turboed mustang, it would be a mobile slaughterhouse of imports
Hmm... I agree.. Big time cool factor, but I wouldn't want to be driving around with the decals on my Stang
Old 11-14-2005, 08:51 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

yeah, i would put trust in this place, they are not just "the shop down the road"
i have been to quite a few of the import shows here, and they do some really respectable work
also, my friend's celica that was done by them was done in a respectable fasion, i they spent around 2 weeks tuning it, on and off the dyno

i would of cource take pictures if i get it done, but i am looking to do this in maybe 5 or 6 months, due to some other issues
Old 11-14-2005, 09:03 PM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

yeah, i would put trust in this place, they are not just "the shop down the road"
i have been to quite a few of the import shows here, and they do some really respectable work
also, my friend's celica that was done by them was done in a respectable fasion, i they spent around 2 weeks tuning it, on and off the dyno

i would of cource take pictures if i get it done, but i am looking to do this in maybe 5 or 6 months, due to some other issues
BOOOOO! Turbo kits are scheduled to come out before then... oh well.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:36 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

lol but i cant get that kit for less than 1k...lol...not less than 7k probably [:'(]

i almost cry when i see top of the line mod for imports (not cheap imports, expencive ones like 350z and g35) almost half the price of our domestic stuff [] lol

well there is always the possibility for my stuff to clear up and me be able to go get the turbo installed within the next month, but that would sit under the 5% chance lol