Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strut Tower Brace ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

Default Strut Tower Brace ?

Anyone using a strut tower brace ? It it making an improvement ? Recommendations ?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:52 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Strut Tower Brace ?

ORIGINAL: cyberjock4hire

Anyone using a strut tower brace ? It it making an improvement ? Recommendations ?
I just installed the BMR version last night, and while I haven't yet pushed it, seat of the pants is telling me I have less body roll zipping through the corners. Also, my 275 series tires seem to be more...ummmm..."poised". The wide tires up front were a bit manic at times on uneven pavement, but I swear things seemed a bit calmer this morning. I'll have more comments after about a week of driving.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/2005Mustang.htm
Old 11-17-2005, 03:58 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

i love that one, the fact that its Red is cool, i think i will get that one , keep us updated.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:55 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

Well, the scientific evidence you provided was good enough for me. Went out and got the Steeda this morning from a local mustang shop. Most cars I have had in the past have had one and after installation and a few hard turns, it does appear to make a difference.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:22 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cyberjock4hire

Well, the scientific evidence you provided was good enough for me. Went out and got the Steeda this morning from a local mustang shop. Most cars I have had in the past have had one and after installation and a few hard turns, it does appear to make a difference.
LOL!! I just took my mother-in-law down a twisty road to circumvent traffic on our way to a car rental place. On the way there, she says "You're crazy!!" but I said "Notice the neutral handling and barely discernable roll rate." She didn't get it. Oh well...

John
Old 11-18-2005, 12:14 AM
ClemsonAce
1st Gear Member

Any reviews on which brand is better? or is it more along the lines of personal preference/ design?

Old 11-18-2005, 03:02 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Honestly I don't know if I noticed a difference between pre and post strut tower install or not. In my mind, I think I did. Was there actually a difference? Who knows. As for recommendations, I think they basically all perform the same. Not like on the older models when they attached to each strut tower and also to the firewall. All the ones I have seen for the 05's attach to the strut tower only.

Anyway, here is a picture of mine

[IMG]local://upfiles/13513/29C7118102304548BBE635AB9621459A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 AM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

Honestly I don't know if I noticed a difference between pre and post strut tower install or not. In my mind, I think I did. Was there actually a difference? Who knows. As for recommendations, I think they basically all perform the same. Not like on the older models when they attached to each strut tower and also to the firewall. All the ones I have seen for the 05's attach to the strut tower only.

Anyway, here is a picture of mine
Where'd you get the steel braided hoses? That's a nice subtle touch in the engine compartment. I'll post pics of my strut tower brace tonight...

John
Old 11-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Birdieman4
5th Gear Member

Adding a strut tower brace to an otherwise stock mustang will make almost no difference. As a matter of fact, I bet almost no one could tell the difference.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:38 PM
jwgroovin
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Birdieman4

Adding a strut tower brace to an otherwise stock mustang will make almost no difference. As a matter of fact, I bet almost no one could tell the difference.
Power of the mind then. It certainly seems like a lot less roll...

Quick Reply: Strut Tower Brace ?