Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytime Running Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 01:07 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Default Daytime Running Lights?

I just found out I've got daytime running lights with the new "smart moduale" they put in last week. I haven't been driving it since that day and tonight I had to get son at work and saw when I turned the headlights to off I still had lights on. Put the parking brake on and the running lights turned off. Didn't have running lights with the original "smart moduale." Never even seen any 05-06's running around here with daytime lights on either. Is this part of the premium package? Manual says (if so equipped) with daytime running lights. I don't know if my Mustang was equipped with it since they only started working now with the new smart moduale. Or did I somehow end up with a upgraded smart moduale????
Old 11-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Daytime Running Lights?

I would be interested in this. Any more info?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:54 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Am I the only one with daytime running lights? I can see my headlights are a little dimmer when they are on in the daytime running lights mode. I checked my car sticker that had all the info and nothing on there about it having DRLs.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:57 PM
281GT
3rd Gear Member

My 05 has this feature as do all 05 / 06's up here in Canada. Daytime running lights have been required by law here for quite some time. Since 1990 I think. I know that my beater has them also and it's a 1991 model.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:16 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Interesting...so far only Canada has the 05 Mustang with running lights. Nobody else in the USA has DRL on there 05 Mustang???? Man it really makes me wonder about mine...as the replies have been nearly none on this.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:04 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

FWIW, from "another" forum:

Finally took my car back in yesterday to ask about the DTLs. I got it back today and it turns out that there is a new part number for the smart junction box that supersedes the previous ones. So anyone who has this replaced will get the new part. It comes with all the features for the Mustang turned on. They flashed what they called the GEM module (I assume this is the junction box) with as built data and now my DTLs are turned off and no more auto locks. Fine with me and I am happy now.

Being that there is a new part number for this module, I would expect that all the 2006 models will have this and also mean that they will also all have DTLs.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:02 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Thank you so it sounds like I got an upgraded smart moduale!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I want DRL's... Headlights or DRL's are required here in MO, - new law... if you don't remember to put on your headlighs in dusk situations it is a $50 Ticket Plus Court cost...

I have to see if Ford will do an upgrade for me!
Old 11-22-2005, 12:57 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

I got to thinking... my service guy kept looking at the box label and his computer for like 15 minutes like something wasn't jiving. I bet he saw the different parts number on the box of the newer smart moduale...
Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 AM
steele2277

is there anyway we can turn the drl's off on our own? the local ford dealership told me it can't be turned off, but i find that hard to believe.

Quick Reply: Daytime Running Lights?