Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a dumbass

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 04:32 PM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

Default What a dumbass

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Here I am , chopping wood in the driveway, when all of a sudden a piece goes flying over the Corolla and smokes my GT right on the driver’s side door. Look at the picture. I couldn’t believe it! I took the door apart and was able to reach the dent from the inside. I popped it back out and it’s barely noticeable. The paint wasn’t damaged thank god.
You can still see a little something (1/8” dia) when the light hits it the right way so I have to do something about it.

I have a picture showing where the stupidity hit….

What would you guys do?

I can either take it to a body shop or I was wondering if a logo or whatever could cover this.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24844/9A02B84BBD154E40B6EFC60A36E68A85.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24844/A1D12B082DE745E091519F83F1603E4E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-04-2005, 05:43 PM
doobs
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What a dumbass

I can barely seen it in the picture...At least you popped most of the dent out. I guess if it bothers you that much you could take it to a local body shop and see what they have to say.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:25 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Or perhaps one of those paintless dent repair places that fix hail damage. Believe it or not I have seen some pretty impressive work come from those places.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:33 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

Battle scar, may she wear it with pride.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:30 PM
NoOriginalNamesLeft
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't sweat it that much, chances are some retard in a hurry is going to ding your door within the next year or so anyways, and you can't keep getting those things out. I'd say just keep enjoying being able to take your car out, and maybe in a couple of decades or so when the car is a collector, get it a good fix. But if it makes you feel any better, I assure you I had something much worse happen to my car because of a "wood accident"

Neighbors were getting a 100 foot southern pine cut down across the street from me, and their bright idea was to cut straight through the trunk, and pull it over using a rope. Needless to say their exercise in physics failed, and the dropped the tree straight on my Explorer and crushed it. Roof caved in, broke all the window seals, ripped apart the liftgate, ruined the paint job, and all the extra weight made the front shocks get uber sqeeky. Long story short, the guy sold all his property, business, changed his name, and moved out of state. In perspective, that little dent doesn't seem so bad now does it .
Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 AM
freefallpat
3rd Gear Member

A pine tree!?!?[] OK you got me beat! I feel better now

All my life I have driven crappy cars all of my life. I’m a little bit of a fanatic in regards to this one. I’m serious, I don’t drive it in the rain and I wax anything red inside the engine compartment…. I asked the wife if she could find the dent and she couldn’t so I feel a little better.

Old 12-05-2005, 03:32 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

Okay... heres a few comments
1. your wife is pretty sharp, I'll bet she was smart enough to say she couldn't see anything even if she could.
2. If yor really thinking about putting a logo over it , get one that says," my wife is very smart"
3. I know the feeling of getting that first ding, its even worse when you cause it yourself ( like I did on my 06)
4. You cant keep it perfect if you use it every day, but you sure can get close and be fanatical about it
5. Delurker has a great point of view, I'm going to take his advice and wear my little ding like a badge of honor
and hope that is the worst that ever happens.
6. you just have to take pride in the fact that the way you treat you car, even with a small flaw, still it looks
10 times better than anything else on the street......
Old 12-05-2005, 04:16 AM
Hammermill
1st Gear Member

Someone hit my door with thier door and put a 3/4 inch long dent right on top of the slight crease on the door. I thought oh crap its gonna need paint and no way it will look right if it is just pulled out. But I was stunned when my bodyshop told me they used a dent repair kit on it and no painting or door disassemble was required. I would see if your local bodyshop could do the same for yours. It looks very similiar to the one I had but mine was worse. Good Luck!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:12 AM
RideSallyRide

At least you didnt tear a whole shot around a 90 degree turn with the TCS off on wet pavement and bottom it out on a median in the middle of a highway......not like Ive ever been there
Old 12-05-2005, 06:14 AM
RideSallyRide

hows that for a dumbass

Quick Reply: What a dumbass