Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you do it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 04:17 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default Would you do it?

If a large well known company, wanted to use your 2005/2006 Mustang for 2 days, you would receive a Tune and the Handheld tuner would you do it??

Yes we are looking for a 2005 or 2006 Mustang GT with no modifications. A manual car is preferred. We would need the car for 2 days. We will be testing the final ****** tune on our in house chassis dyno. You would receive a free ******/Diablo Predator Handheld when production is complete, which would be approx 1-2 months after testing on your vehicle. You will also receive a full color printout of the dyno testing.

Please let me know if you are still interested.

Thank you,
Old 12-05-2005, 04:26 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Would you do it?

I would say go for it, as long as they are willing to accept (in writing) liability for damage/failure of any parts during the testing period. You may also want to think about the max mileage you may want put on your car.. but if it is only two days this may be a non-issue
Old 12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: JJ_Stang

If a large well known company, wanted to use your 2005/2006 Mustang for 2 days, you would receive a Tune and the Handheld tuner would you do it??

Yes we are looking for a 2005 or 2006 Mustang GT with no modifications. A manual car is preferred. We would need the car for 2 days. We will be testing the final ****** tune on our in house chassis dyno. You would receive a free ******/Diablo Predator Handheld when production is complete, which would be approx 1-2 months after testing on your vehicle. You will also receive a full color printout of the dyno testing.

Thank you,
Mmm...I would have them give you a full run down on just what exacltly they plan on doing with your car for those two days (what's the game plan) Simply because all the stuff they do to your car may not show up right away. Let's say for a stupid but obvious example, they lean the car waaaayyyy out. no serious damage short term, but long term, your cats may only last 20-30K miles... good luck proving they caused it. Or here's a dumber possibility (just trying to point out you never know)

They run the car without coolant to see how heat affects the power curve. THey shut it down before it overheats...too badly, no immediate damage but you just cut your engine life by quite a bit.

Make sure the shop is reputable and if they damage the car in such a way that they void the warranty that they'll cover repairs.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:59 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

I'm WAAAAAY too paranoid- if I could be there to watch, and they record all the stuff they do(strip chart on exhaust gas 100% of the time- 1 lean run= they extend the warranty for a few years).
if a lean tune burns a valve a tiny bit, you could be in trouble down the road. also how many redlined runs do you want on your engine? 2 days could be 100 1/4 mile passes- 25 miles on the clock, 100thousand wear and tear on your bottom end.
like buying a test driven car...never know what went on with someone else behind the wheel.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:17 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Just remember Ferris Beuhler's day off.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:31 PM
FREAKO
2nd Gear Member

See if one of the Tuner's or one of his employees has a hot wife/girlfriend.....see if you can borrow her for 2 days to test and tune her? See what their answer is.....
Old 12-05-2005, 08:33 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

The more I read the risk/reward is not great enough. I was kind of sceptical about this but wanted more input.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:04 PM
andyman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FREAKO

See if one of the Tuner's or one of his employees has a hot wife/girlfriend.....see if you can borrow her for 2 days to test and tune her? See what their answer is.....
hahahah test his girlfreind lol two days later tell him you still have more tweaking to do
Old 12-05-2005, 09:18 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

kaboom:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....241entry580241
Old 12-06-2005, 12:49 PM
BrookShadow_RC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ_Stang

Thank you,
I would do it, but as stated before, get everything in writing. And hopefully you would be allowed to watch / supervise the activities with your car.