Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad night tonight

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 04:01 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default bad night tonight

so about an hour ago i was driving to my friend's house to drop something off, got my music bumping and what not, and between me and his house, there are some nice long two lane stretches, at being 11pm, there was pretty much nobody out there, so i am crusing along, going at about 40-50 but then i take a right turn and there is a van and another car in front of me, going about 25 on this 40. after a few minutes i get kind of impatient and change lanes and gun it, passing them at 85ish plus, and as i am about to change back into the lane, i check my blind spot (gotta be safe) and merge back, but as i was doing this i thought that i knowticed that the car in front of the van had cop lights on top of it, so i double take, and decide that it was not a cop. a couple seconds later, far behind me, i knowtice some flashing lights and think to myself "oh some sucker got pulled over." so i keep on going at my speed (wide open roads with just a few other cars that i can safely pass) take a couple turns, etc. I had never been to this friend's house, so he was standing out on the road so i could se which house was his, and also on the phone with him. the conversation goes something like this:

me: "hey, i dont really see where you are, tell me when you see me, i have all my four lights on"

him: "i don't think i can see you...oh damn, watch out somebody is being chased by a cop i think"

me: "haha that sucks, can you see me yet"

him: "holy crap! dude are you being chased by the cops?!"

right as he says this, i look into my rear view and yes, i am being chased by a cop...the one i passed about 10 minutes ago...now the funny thing is that i did not even know that i was running from this cop for the last few minutes, so being very worried, i turn off my music and roll down my window. i grap my registration from the glove compartment, and i go my my license in my back pocket and SH*TTTTTTT i thought my ipod was my wallet in my pants. so the cop goes "hey son this is quite the car for a kid your age (i am 17). licence and registration?" so i explain to him that i thought my ipod was my wallet, and that i would go strait home to get my licence, so he takes my name and info and goes to his car. he comes back and goes "so you are 17 and you have had your licence for 2 months? if i were to give you a ticket for what you just did you would probably have insurance premiums off the roof and you would probably lose your licence for the next few years" (now i am very worried) then he goes "but because i only saw you acctually recklesly drive in bellevue (the area where i was from) and now we are in kirkland (where my friend was from) i cannot give you a ticket, so i will ask you to please just drive more safely tonight and remember to carry your licence when you are driving

LUCKY ME

so about three minutes later i am driving home from my friends house, this time respecting the limits, going a steady 40...then again...i see the light in my rear view mirror...wow
i roll down my window and the officer come up to me and goes "hey, nice car, is this yours?" now i am freaked out, this is my car but without a licence i have no way to prove that my name matches the registration. so i say yes it is mine and give him my name and info again. so he comes back to me and starts explaing what i did..this time i went through a yellow and should have stopped, and my temporary plate was not in full vision. then i go "sorry officer, but i just got pulled over about 2 minutes ago for the same thing (even thought it was not) and i am going home right now to get my licence, i am really sorry" and he starts laughing and says "wow tonight is really not your night...be safe and go home right now"

LUCKY ME AGAIN
Old 12-10-2005, 04:41 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: bad night tonight

bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do whatcha gonna do when they come for you
Old 12-10-2005, 04:42 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

That was not a bad night that was a very good one for you. Just remember most of the time it does not go like that and take it as a learning experience. Believe me a bad driving record takes at least 5 years to clean up and by that time you might be paying for your own insurance. It always seems like you see a cop when you least expect it.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:42 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RICVA05
It always seems like you see a cop when you least expect it.
yeah no kidding, about the ONLY time i see a cop is when i'm ****ing around and just like doubled the speed limit or something stupid

WATCH OUT!@
Old 12-10-2005, 01:16 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Wow dude, you got lucky. I know all about those insurance premiums, I'm 17 and I flipped an 03 GT... Boy does my insurance suck!

I can't wait for the SN192 GTs to become more common on the roads. Right now I'm so noticeable in my town that I get word of everything I do. My family knows so many people here... It is my blessing, it is my curse (haha sorry for the cliche). I don't usually get tickets for things the cops see me do, but I always get a call on my cell phone a few minutes later explaining how my father's gonna kick my ***. XD
Old 12-10-2005, 01:37 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Just another reinforcing example of why a 17 yr old should not be driving a 2005/06 Mustang GT. Remember, 1 bad apple can spoil the whole thing for the other 17 year olds trying to convince their parents to buy them one. Be careful and let's not give our parents more ammo.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:00 PM
spyder7724
4th Gear Member

let me tell you that they are right about the insurance companies. i was 22 had a 5.0LX,5 points and then hit someone in the rear end (two fat hogs wearing a hyundai). they sued my insurance and needless to say i was dropped. the only insurance i could get was the state funded high risk crap. in 1994 i paid $350per month. so i figured hell, i might as well get the new mustang convertable i looked at it a month ago it can't raise my rates any more... wrong they wanted $4800 a year!! that was 10 years ago... so you single young guys watch out it took me about 3-4 years of paying that before i could get normal insurance. now i'm married with two kids and the '06 GT only raised my rates $500 a year!!!!
Old 12-10-2005, 02:02 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

My insurance is upwards of $400/month.

Ouch.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:10 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

lol....well usually i am pretty responsible...but i still have moments

but to top it off, right after i posted this, i decided to drive over to my girlfriend's house...now VERY CAUTIOUS, as in i am going 30 in the 35, and start breaking way before a red light, i completely stop on stop signs and right turns on red lights
as i am responsibly driving, there is this celica that keeps on pulling beside me at stop lights, reving his engine, obviosuly wanting to race...givin another situation, maybe i would have considered it...but not that night.
so i keep on drivng very nicely and the celica pulls behind me for about a block...then he turns left, and...yes...a cop was right behind him pulling me asside
my first reaction...which gets me most scard...is that the cop would have thought that me and this guy were either comming from, going to, or just a few moments ago street racing

no now i am pretty much in complete shock of this luck, i mean 3 cops, 1 hour...and this time i was definitly not speeding or running reds and what not...by now, i truely considered if it was my "fate" that night to get a ticket, and i just got lucky 2 times
i roll down the window and he goes "so, you again (i have never seen him though) some cops at the station were just talking about some 17 year old kid driving a new mustang around tonight...you got pulled over 3 times in one night..congradulations."
so very confised, i ask "i am sorry officer, but i have no idea what i did wrong this time"...he says laughing:

"alright, you get pulled over two times, both time you forget your licence, one time you run away from a cop, ran a red, and commited reckless driving...now...can't you just be a little more discrete about yourself and just turn on your lights?, alright, you have had enough for one night with us, go home"

WOW CAN YOU SAY I AM LUCKY
Old 12-10-2005, 02:14 PM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

LMAO...I bet the cops are still talking about you and wondering if they should have given you a ticket in the first place!

Quick Reply: bad night tonight