Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shaker 500

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 08:07 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

Default shaker 500

sup guys i just purchased a brand new mustang gt 06 and i must say im lovin the hell out of it. i have a question regarding the shaker 500 audio system, not a biggie but what does compress do? how many of u use compress? and whats the difference between track mode and folder mode? (i use mp3 cd's) thanks guys hope to be postin here for awhile.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:14 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

Default RE: shaker 500

Compression is an electronic effect that is popular among guitar guys and PA system engineers. Basically what it does for your CD's is it creates a MAXIMUM level, and if anything you play is recorded at a higher db level, then it "compresses" it so all your music is at a consistent level.

I don't like/use it, because as a guitar player I can hear what its doing to my cd's and don't think thats the way it was meant to be heard That, and I don't believe in compression in my guitar signal - I like it ***** out with minimal effects [8D]

Tracks are songs, and songs can be arranged into folders - just like in your My Documents of your computer. So you could creat one CD with multiple file folders. Such as Rock, Country, R&B, Pop, Jazz....etc. This giving the ability to juggle between which genres (or bands I suppose if you wanted to organize that way) you wanted to play. This is nice since a CD can hold well over 100 mp3's
Old 12-10-2005, 11:09 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

I dont have my car yet but I do have a couple of questions about the shaker 500. 1) can it play in random mode, for example can I put 1000 mp3's on 5 cd's and let it play randomly between all cd's? 2) can you mix mp3 cd's and regular audio cd's in the system at the same time? 3) I usaully listen to rock, does the system have good low and high end? The standard stereo in my ford taurus is not very good so Im hoping that the shaker 500 sounds better.................. thanks.
Old 12-11-2005, 05:01 PM
yukmouth
1st Gear Member

thx sowaxe man for the input. also when playing a mp3 cd for about 20 mins it sometimes comes out and says "bad disc" .. even though theres no scratches at all. it doesnt happen on regular cd's only mp3's. anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-11-2005, 06:19 PM
68to05stang

From my experience, it only shuffles one cd at a time. Once it has gone through that CD, it will automatically pick another, not sure if by random or in order, and start with the songs on that CD. As long as Shuffle is still on, it will shuffle the songs on that CD. I don't think you would want to shuffle songs across CD's because of the time it takes to mount a CD internally.

The sound is pretty good. Now, before the rest of the know-it-alls chime in, I know it doesn't sound as good as aftermarket. But, for paper speakers, it sounds really good. I have not had any trouble with my Shaker at all where there are several posts in here with all kinds of problems. It does some to play some MP3's better than others but I bet that is really coming from the source, and the stereo's fault.

As with most CD/MP3 players on the market, there are compatiblity issues with cheap or inferior CD's and the burners used to burn the CD's. Try a different brand or a different burner. Most of the time, it's the CD. Ford has in the past, and even with recent Mustangs, argued that it doesn't support CD-R, CD-RW, etc. Although, a day later day, Ford will say that it will play CD-R's, CD-RW, etc. It's touchy but I've played several burned CD's in there with a single error or problem. That is the first stereo out of a JVC, Pioneer, Sony, and Blaupunkt (crap), that I can say that with.

Mike
Old 12-11-2005, 07:03 PM
karazuba
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yukmouth

thx sowaxe man for the input. also when playing a mp3 cd for about 20 mins it sometimes comes out and says "bad disc" .. even though theres no scratches at all. it doesnt happen on regular cd's only mp3's. anyone else have this problem?
use the search function. there are dozens upon dozens of threads about problems with the Shaker 500, including the one you mentioned.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

For some reason when I crank up OZZY to deafening levels I get the bad CD error code as well. I guess he is the kind of person we think he is!! But seriously that is the only CD I get that code on and it has no scratches either.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:13 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Bah. I'm on my second Shaker 500 and I get Bad Disk errors all the time. Just hit load again, it'll work for a bit, then break again.

Skipper 500 for a reason.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Evil Sephiroth
2nd Gear Member

I still dont understand why people by upgraded Factory radios for their cars. I hear d the shaker 1000' and Im not even close to being impressed. You could spend half that money and get twice the quality
Old 12-12-2005, 06:16 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

The Shaker 1000 is a waste. The Mach 1000 was cool on the 99ups IMO because of the setup in the trunk. Nothing more.

The Shaker 500 is the way to go. $500 option for a player that (in theory) is of decent quality and can hold you over untill you find the aftermarket setup you want.

Quick Reply: shaker 500