Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotorpros Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Rotorpros Rotors

I'll keep a lookout for you! and check out the site.
I am on stocks now, but have 18x9 bullets waiting for spring to come
Old 12-21-2005, 12:09 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

cool deal. when spring hits youll have to come cruise with us!
Old 12-31-2005, 01:25 AM
428CJ

I bought a set and I probably got what I paid for. The set I received were made using rotors from the Centric Parts C-Tek product line so I'm not sure that they are "premium" rotors.

http://www.centricparts.com/prod02.htm
http://www.philsinc.com/centricpartsrotors.html

Mine are slotted only and they look nice but the slot length and spacing isn't uniform. I haven't installed them yet and I may stay with the stock rotors and just upgrade the pads.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:48 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Thank you for the information.

Checking around today and powerslot has ones for the 05 Mustangs now !!!
Old 12-31-2005, 11:06 AM
fin1
1st Gear Member

Here is a shot of the ROTORPROS on my ride.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12156/D63DA8F4AF3B4DE6974CFDBC1F8192AE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-31-2005, 06:49 PM
promustanperformance
2nd Gear Member

Hey Steven,

I am running Powerslot rotors on my 94 Mustang. I am very confident in my braking with them, and I'm not worried about them warping at all. Powerslot rotors and Hawk pads make a great combination if you're in the market for new rotors and pads. They do say that when doing the rotors you must do the pads also. I have the rotors listed on the website, along with the pads. I do not have prices on the pads yet. If you are interested in the combination, let me know, and I will have the prices Monday or Tuesday. Hope to hear from you soon.

2005 & 2006 Mustang V6 & GT Powerslot Rear Rotors, Pair
2005 & 2006 Mustang GT Powerslot Front Rotors, Pair
2005 & 2006 Mustang V6 Powerslot Front Rotors, Pair

Once I have the Hawk pad prices, I will also make a combination of all rotors and all pads at a discounted price. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:55 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

This might be a dumb question to ask.. but.... Is there any independent studies that show the Stock breaking vs. Braking with hawk pads? or even with these power rotors? All I see is the 30% average breaking distance on their website... before I buy I want proof... is that too much to ask =-/
Old 01-01-2006, 01:17 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

I can not comment on the rotor pros, but I do have the Powerslot on my Saturn. I know a big difference in cars, but I am just trying to make comparision.

Saturn has the powerslot and Performance Pro ceramic pads. DOnt know why they suggest Hawk, other than they own part of the company I think

The stopping power between the OEM and Powerslot was night and day! HUGE DIFFERENCE. The car can "stop on a dime" and the feel is wonderful. As for numbers, really dont have. I just know I love them and there is an obvious difference.
In fact my girlfriend has a saturn as well. First time she drove my car after the upgrade , she had a horrible time not throwing us into the dash.

Powerslot on my Saturn was the best upgrade I ever did to either car. If powerslot is saying 30% difference, I would say that is conservative.
Old 01-01-2006, 01:35 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the info steven.. I guess any % will help.. With all the HP and me being fat I need all the help I can get .. So all we really need is the front roters and hawk pads or do we need the rear roters too for ... something? haha

Let us know when you have the pads and combinations deals mike - thanks
Old 01-01-2006, 04:33 AM
promustanperformance
2nd Gear Member

Hey lostsoul,

Here is some information I dug up, hopefully this will help. I will have the combination deals up very soon and will let you know when. I'll also see if I can dig up any more tests.

The September issue of CAR & DRIVER features a performance street brake upgrade article by Larry Webster. The story is titled "Shedding the light on fading brakes". Using a Subaru Impreza WRX, CAR & DRIVER evaluated OE brake pad performance verses Hawk's street performance pads. The results were impressive!

"We found that all the aftermarket systems and the Hawk brake pads outperformed the stock brakes in nearly every test. The brake kits seemed so well-tuned to the stock braking systems that they felt factory-installed. All stopped within a few feet of the stock system in the 40-to-0-mph test. In addition, all but the Prodrive kit used components that were lighter than the stock units. Here's a rundown of each kit, starting with a test of the stock brakes, with and without the Hawk pads, and then with the kits, in alphabetical order.

For an illustration of brake fade, one need only look at how the stock brakes performed in the 90-to-0-mph test. The first stop (317 feet) was between 9 and 20 feet longer than what the brake kits averaged over 25 stops. After only one stop, fade had already set in, and each stop thereafter took a longer distance. We did just four stops from 90 to 0 mph because the brakes had faded so heavily.

When we installed the Hawk HP Plus pads, we found a similar fade trend, but the distances were significantly shorter. Over the four 90-mph stops, the Hawk pads averaged 316 feet; the stock brakes averaged 340 feet. We also found that the Hawk pads stopped better from 70 mph when the ABS was used. We did, however, find that when we disabled the ABS the stock brakes and pads offered excellent modulation.

As production brakes go, the WRX hardware is decent, but if you anticipate hard driving, a switch to the Hawk pads would be a good first step."

-Larry Webster

CAR & DRIVER

Quick Reply: Rotorpros Rotors