Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backup sensors

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 03:23 PM
salu498

Default Backup sensors

Anybody ever consider backup sensors for Mustang? I have sensors on Expedition and they really help. With a somewhat restricted view in my '05 V6 Convertible it seems like they are worth considring.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:03 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Backup sensors

i have them, they are pretty good, not as good as the factory ford ones, but still good

they will not be sensitive enough like the explorer/expedition ones to stop you from running over a cat that passes by (almost hit my cat lol), but it will definitly stop you from hitting a kid or a pole
Old 12-30-2005, 04:23 PM
salu498

Chris, did you install the sensors? If so how difficult and did you have to remove the rear bumper? Are they wireless?
Old 12-30-2005, 05:09 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i actually got my dealership to install them, it looks like a risky install though, considering that you need to punch 4 holes in your bumper
Old 12-30-2005, 05:55 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

yup have them in my stang too...

got the dealer to install them they are pretty great.... here is a pic of how they will look like ON a blue mustang ...

just look the top of the pick on the far left you can see the sensors screen .. i dont know what they are called..

Old 12-30-2005, 06:42 PM
prozac
2nd Gear Member

i bought a backup camera for my cars dvd player, its pretty sweet

Zach
Old 12-30-2005, 06:49 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

i dont need them i actually know how to drive....

i know smart *** remark, c'mon guys on a Mustang, SUV maybe, i dont get it, to each his own.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:49 AM
lostsoul
4th Gear Member

I can drive.. but the back is hugh as sheet.. and cars that are behind you can be a divverent heights so either way your screwed. I like the senor idea.. but dont liek the 4 holes in the back =-/.. F it.. ALL cars are suppose to have a 5mph bumper on them.. just back up and tap them so you know where you are
Old 01-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Heck, you mine as well get them for the front also, its a semi restricted view too! For short people.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:11 AM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

They are fairly simple to install. The hardest part is getting the courage to drill holes in your shiny new bumper. Besides the sensors, there ar 2 parts, the display unit and the control box. The control box can be installed in the trunk. It gets a ground connection and receives power from a wire that is spliced into one of the backup lamps. The four sensors then plug into the control unit.

The second part is the dispaly unit. It receives it's data form the control unit wirelessly. It just needs ground and +12. The sensors are available in a variety of colors to match your car.

This kit is available on ebay. It includes 4 sensors and even includes the drill bit needed for the sensors.
backup sensor

Quick Reply: Backup sensors