Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ouch!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:41 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Ouch!!!

oh man...
Old 01-03-2006, 03:02 AM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

OH crap. that's horrible! It's times like this that make me glad I don't live near snow/ice. But when it rains, I drive VERY carefully for fear of what you lived through.

However, I can tell you where you went wrong. You're breaks look too cool!
Did you paint them or aftermarket kick *** ones?

BTW, you will love the CDC Spoiler!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:35 AM
andyman
4th Gear Member

Hey at least the tire and wheel are ok...

but that SUCXS
Old 01-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

allfyre - the traction control was on but don't trust those stock tires on wet roads even withTCS

Orion_240 - the mirrors are definately being painted mineral grey. You said shave off the antenna. What could I replace it with? (before the car goes in)

Gloves - In your signature, I see you have the CDC ducktail spoiler. Can you post some close ups?
Old 01-03-2006, 12:07 PM
TattooTears
4th Gear Member

So sorry to see/hear about that. But the one good thing about cars is they can always be replaced unlike humans. So shed a tear if you must, but know she will be back better than ever.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:31 PM
JJ_Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Martin123

allfyre - the traction control was on but don't trust those stock tires on wet roads even withTCS

Orion_240 - the mirrors are definately being painted mineral grey. You said shave off the antenna. What could I replace it with? (before the car goes in)

Gloves - In your signature, I see you have the CDC ducktail spoiler. Can you post some close ups?
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/hiaufman.html

I wish I could do that to my car but I would imagine it would be rather costly, but since your getting the car painted anyway.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Oh man... I feel for you..

Glad YOUR OK... but NOT Glad your car isn't...

I cry when mine gets a little door ding... I hate to think what my mental state would be if she came out of a parking lot looking like yours! []
Old 01-03-2006, 04:52 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

sorry for your misfortune and I'm glad you are OK but I wouldn't bet on that coming back out better than ever.....In fact you might just want to save your mod money until you see how it actually drives.

I'm betting the front subframe has shifted becuase in my experience, you can't do that kind of damage to the side and fender without shifting a few other critical components too.

You might get lucky but I wouldn't bet on it.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Martin123
2nd Gear Member

The real damage seems to be on that front tire. The car is still well aligned and there was no damage caused to the engine at all. In addition, I took measurements all around the car and it all seems to be well except for that front tire. It seems that shock took a hard hit. Nonetheless, I have to take care of my baby.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:19 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Glad your ok, man! Definitely lose the antenna (I have TuneTrapper easily placed under the dash; (need to use piece of original orange antenna lead for TuneTrapper Motorola connector; no big deal; I get all the same FM 1 & 2 presets just as strong even in the garage; AM is poor to non-existent but that is advertised this way, so no surprise)

I would lose the GT emblems too although that means touch-up on the other fender; but how many guys out there (besides me) have no GT emblems and no holes in the fender? In a year there will be GT's everywhere and you want to be different, yes?

Painted mirrors, I agree, a definite must especially with Min Grey. I did prep on mine; body shops with hate the prep and may not get rid of all that grain in th efactory plastic. I can tell you how to prep if you wish (about 2.5 hrs each mirror) must be done 'off' the car)

You may not want to go here but since the car is going in the shop I would; course I've already done this but I do fab work as a hobby so no problem with GT holes and antenna holes(one large, 3 small); and that is the Christmas ornanment GT emblem on the decklid. I put it on my Christmas tree where it belongs. I'm not into fake stuff, emblems, insignias etc. Oh yeah the decklid lock hole is gone. What am I gonna use that for; I use key fob and can access through rear seat in emergency.

Hey I don't mind giving out all my ideas. Chip Foose on Overhaulin copied me and made all these mods; even shaved the gas door (now I'm not that crazy!!)

Sorry, don't have 'After' pics yet, will shortly; any questions just ask. ..Jim

P.S. You probably could have guessed: 'Spoiler Delete' (lol)

[IMG]local://upfiles/24316/F52D560DFC2040B4AAF9CC8CFC3C76DB.jpg[/IMG]