Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought Springs today

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 07:13 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

Default Bought Springs today

After so much surfing and Q&A's and phone calls I finally purchased lowering springs for my GT. I decided on the Ford Motorsport K-spec springs. They drop the front and rear equally 1.5 inches and are progressive with load rates comparable to the Steeda Sports. I like the higher rear and wanted to keep that feature. Stang Suspension says I shouldn't need new shocks and struts with the progressive rates. May need camber plates but won't know until... I did really want red springs but can't have it all I guess. I'll post some pics when I get it all together next week. OH....also ordered Ford Racing hood pins, I'm a little scared of this install but gonna bite the bullet on it.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:26 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bought Springs today

cool, let us know, i have been looking at the whole Ford kit,.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:40 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

After so much surfing and Q&A's and phone calls I finally purchased lowering springs for my GT. I decided on the Ford Motorsport K-spec springs. They drop the front and rear equally 1.5 inches and are progressive with load rates comparable to the Steeda Sports. I like the higher rear and wanted to keep that feature. Stang Suspension says I shouldn't need new shocks and struts with the progressive rates.

You definitely need to post some pictures after the install I have not seen any Ford Motorsport springs installed yet.
It seems every seller says you don't need new shocks and struts. I think over time you will realize you will need them I did. I think if they tell people about the ride being stiff a lot of people will steer away from lowering springs.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:43 PM
2horsegarage

What about warranty issues? Does adding springs (other mods I guess) void the warranty?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:53 PM
TorchRedBeauty
1st Gear Member

Do a search for "void warranty" and click on just about any link by Hawgman. He has explained this several times on this forum.

-TRB
Old 01-06-2006, 03:09 PM
2horsegarage

Thanks for the heads up.. That will be the last time I ask a question without doing a search first, I'd hate to loose an arm........
Old 01-06-2006, 05:17 PM
M
2nd Gear Member

dont be sorry about asking a question, thats what these forums are for. some people just reply differently than others

and welcome, there are a lot of very knowledgeable on this forum and they have been able to answer many questions for me and evryone else out there looking for info.

Old 01-06-2006, 05:59 PM
TorchRedBeauty
1st Gear Member

Sorry if I came off as being harsh. I just get frustrated (like Hawgman) at the number of times we keep seeing posts like "Will it void my warranty if I do X?". I like to help people and will try to be more kind in the future.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:53 PM
2horsegarage

I was not bothered. Just new, unfamiliar with the search engine, and have been thinking about the topic for a while, as I really want to move on some mods. No worries.....
Old 01-07-2006, 01:28 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i'm pretty sure the springs are nice and tucked away... i'm getting new ones and after they make the prototype and put it on my car, they are making the official powder coated (baby blue of all freakin colors) and i'll get those so mine wont rust off. But i'm pretty srue they're good and tucked away so you cant see the color much. If you wanted the red accent in your wheels (as i do) paint your calipers red and put osme decals on it... http://xenonmods.com/

Quick Reply: Bought Springs today