Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowered PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 11:36 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default Lowered PICS!!

So as many of you know i got my car lowered through a company prototyping their springs, and i got it back yesterday and it was too dark to take pics even though i tried. I went out and took pics this morning, and here they are:

so, unfortunatly it rained last night so my rotors are rusty and the pics are kinda funny lookin, but what the hell, you get the idea

EDIT: if any of you are interested, the springs are "Road Magnet" brand and should be on the market within the next 6 months. I couldnt help you with a price, becasue mine were the prototype and as such, cost free to me. They keep the car level around turns and hugs turns faster and tighter than before. The springs (they arent yet, but when i get the production springs they will be) are powder coated an "electric" blue color, but who cares- you dont really see your springs anyway, especially when you lowere it. My springs are a 1.2 inch drop in the front 1" drop in the back... production will be 1.2 all around. They designed the springs to have a equal or better ride than stock with stock shocks/struts, and i'd have to agree- about the same in a line, better in corners.

Clearance: no issue, i cleared speed bumps at the same speeds i took them before, i hit bumps in the road (so much construction goin on around here- its rediculous) and i can get it up that nasty curb to my driveway. Great springs!
Old 01-14-2006, 11:44 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Lowered PICS!!

The new ride height looks great. Did you install an Panard Rod in the rear (to keep the tire centered in the wheelwell)? Do you need to with these springs? Thx for the pix...
Old 01-14-2006, 11:48 AM
dkano
3rd Gear Member

It looks good! That's another mod I'm going to have to do when I get my GT in a couple of weeks! Wouldn't it be better if they lowered it a little more in the back than in the front? I'm just wondering why the springs for the front are .2' bigger than the ones for the back, not much of a difference, but still. I know there are some owners in here that have only lowered their cars in the back.

It's that a TL behind the Mustang? That's the other car I was considering before I ordered my GT, they wanted too much for it and were trying to rape me on the trade it. They offered me $10,000 for my trade it when the my Ford dealer offered me $12,500!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:19 PM
KFC
1st Gear Member

Maybe the 6ers don't sit as low in the front as the GT. ...I'm just guessing.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:25 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Looks good! How is that TL holding up? Any rattles? Has the velcro head liner sagged yet? Sorry, the TL left a bad taste... I digress, the Mustang looks great!
Old 01-14-2006, 05:49 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Looks damn good I like the price you paid to.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:55 PM
Speedeamon
1st Gear Member

Hey ricva05 i love how your car is lowered. What springs or what company did you buy it from. I have steeda but they are actually not that low.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:27 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Speedeamon

Hey ricva05 i love how your car is lowered. What springs or what company did you buy it from. I have steeda but they are actually not that low.
Thank you I used the Eibach Sportline.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:28 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dkano

It looks good! That's another mod I'm going to have to do when I get my GT in a couple of weeks! Wouldn't it be better if they lowered it a little more in the back than in the front? I'm just wondering why the springs for the front are .2' bigger than the ones for the back, not much of a difference, but still. I know there are some owners in here that have only lowered their cars in the back.

It's that a TL behind the Mustang? That's the other car I was considering before I ordered my GT, they wanted too much for it and were trying to rape me on the trade it. They offered me $10,000 for my trade it when the my Ford dealer offered me $12,500!
Also, as i said the production springs will be 1.2 all the way around, i just have the prototype, one of a kind springs on mine right now.

yeah thats my moms TL... i learned how to drive on that, peel out on that, and drive like an ******* lol...
Old 01-15-2006, 01:31 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viking396

Looks good! How is that TL holding up? Any rattles? Has the velcro head liner sagged yet? Sorry, the TL left a bad taste... I digress, the Mustang looks great!
lol funny you mention that... thats the one thing i find anoying about her car... When one wheel is lower than the ajacent wheel, it "creeks", for instance when i'm moving it off the driveway to get my car out. only complaint about that car. and the headliner is sitll good lol...

And i didnt put the TL in there because i like imports... it was just parked behind me becasue we have 5 cars and 4 spots lol..

Quick Reply: Lowered PICS!!