MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   OVERHAULED (EBAY) (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/89197-overhauled-ebay.html)

05HOTROD 01-19-2006 09:42 PM

OVERHAULED (EBAY)

WOW, TALK ABOUT MAKING A PROFIT. HAVE CHIP FOOSE BUILD YOU A CAR THEN SELL IT. MMMMMMM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...06307332QQrdZ1

SwtPnyChick 01-19-2006 09:52 PM

RE: OVERHAULED (EBAY)

Oh my goddness that is insane. No one has bid yet....interesting.

Exilenla 01-19-2006 09:53 PM

Does anyone else have interior from the Katzkin (the same outfit that done this ride)?

I have been looking at thier stuff and mmmm I still dunno :eek: any opiinions on thier interiors, or should i start a thread on it?

Cheers@!

stangman05 01-19-2006 09:58 PM

I would love to have any of my cars done by Foose and the show. That is so crappy to sell it now. They probably had it in mind the whole time. Lets see .....sell the Foose pony for 50-60 grand and go buy 2 more stangs just like the first one and still have a little money left over.

stangman05 01-19-2006 09:59 PM

If its paid for why sell it. PUT it up.

Shifty101Easy 01-19-2006 10:29 PM

someone probably copied the car....and selling it to get the clout or whatever that would come with a overhaulin' car....

Shifty101Easy 01-19-2006 10:30 PM

who actually pays for the car....? the show or the spouse?

NoOriginalNamesLeft 01-19-2006 10:33 PM

The show pays for everything, you just have to pay the insurance increase.

M 01-19-2006 10:46 PM

doesnt everybody remember this episode with the a-hole husband telling chip foose what to do???!!! i mean come on you have to suspect that they had this planned all along. and wasnt she like the most unimpressed recipient...probably thinking the whole time i cant wait till i sell this in a year...LOL

anyway, whatever, its a shame that they reward someone with a car like that to have them turn around and sell it. if she won the car on a raffle i can understand. but they actually wrote to the show and i thought they said she had some illness and deserved the "car of her dreams" or something like that.

anyway, i aint buyin it

mauiboy 01-19-2006 10:55 PM

I've seen alot of beautiful cars come out of Overhaulin and i'm a big fan but this is not one of them!
I thought for sure the exterior had alot of potential with Foose but to go with a Boss stripe and V6 front end, I was very disapointed...[&:]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16389/7749DA5943144FB989ECC4818133F788.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16389/B43FE45511B14AF1AA2A378DFD7C6740.jpg[/IMG]

richjr74 01-19-2006 11:02 PM

That's typical. Someone hands them a dream car and all they can think about is profiting from it. I don't think i'd ever let go of something that tricked out.

xRockThePonyx 01-19-2006 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: mauiboy

I've seen alot of beautiful cars come out of Overhaulin and i'm a big fan but this is not one of them!
I thought for sure the exterior had alot of potential with Foose but to go with a Boss stripe and V6 front end, I was very disapointed...[&:]

I also think it's ugly. I don't like the 05 model regardless, but when its done up some, it can actually look tolerable, but this is just pretty ugly.

I think the color scheme is great, I love the black and silver look obviously, but it's just not striking with this job.

I bet its a beast power wise though :)

lynwood78 01-19-2006 11:50 PM

that's total b.s! I watch the show all the time and let me tell you some people don't even deserve to get their car overhauled. I really didn't like that episode with that moron with that honda.

Hunter1 01-20-2006 12:23 AM

Wow...I couldn't wait to see that episode and even tried to record it to see what potential my Black 06 GT (Born Yesterday BTW) had. I can see why she might want a practical car for a daily driver but damn...this is a once in a lifetime type of deal...I emailed Overhaulin and told them to let me know when they will be in the area and I will leave the keys in the car...It blows my mind to have all of the guys that worked hard for an entire week to make an extra special gift for her and then to sell that gift.....Wait until her son is our age watching Barrett Jackson and it sells for $159,000.00......which is where it should have been sold in the first place if it had to be sold.

discofan 01-20-2006 01:57 AM

This ungratefull person would probably be the kind of person that would WIN the lottery for millions of $$$ and keep her job, not giving someone else the chance to work and make money to feed their kids...

D

S.SubZero 01-20-2006 07:52 AM

Well in their defense they probably got rammed with readjusted insurance and also the problem of driving a car that is nationally known. I mean how far can that person really drive that car without someone recognizing it?

I know at least one person who had their car done on Pimp my Ride ebay'd it. The one yellow jeep with the snorkels. "I couldn't afford to buy a non-rustbucket before, and now my insurance costs more in a year than 5x my car's value? WHO'DA THUNKIT!?"

ponypower05GT 01-20-2006 10:00 AM

Looks like there is one bid out for it now, at $45,000 but the reserve still isn't met. It wouldn't surprise me that the kind of people that are selling this car that was custom built for them are the ones that put in that first bid to drive the price up since the user ID for the bidder is private. Why can't the husband drive this car and they use the other vehicle for the wife and kid, or if it is an impractical car as well then sell his and keep the Mustang. I think their excuse for selling it is total b.s. and they are just looking for a quick cash in. I remember seeing an episode of Trucks one time and viewers were asking what happened to all the cool Trucks and SUV's that they built. The host said that most ended up going to the crusher after all the work and money put into them because the auto makers won't allow them to be sold with all the upgrades and work done to them. The few vehicles that they did sell mostly wound up getting sold by the original owner fairly shortly after getting it. Most of us who love our cars would flip at the chance to get our rides worked on by a show like this, not because it would make it worth so much more but because it would just be one cool ride and the thrill of being able to drive it.

Boozshey 01-20-2006 10:52 AM

I agree, she was the most unimpressed person I have ever seen. She had/has no idea what she is sitting on. Including the fact that I am sure they filter through thousands of requests and she gets, not only her car, but a new car, which is very seldom on the show. I would rather see this car go up in flames than to see it sell. Man, I am pissed. Sort of makes me sick.

About it not being the best looking car... I think it's hot but I don't think that it's the best looking mustang I have seen. I think that it might have to do with FOOSE himself having his own series out ya know. He doesn't want to make something better than something else he is trying to promote. Just my 2 cents on that.

But yeah, I think it would be worth bidding on this auction and not ever paying for it... lol then just make a new account and do it again and again to this stupid lady.

CainMotorsports2102 01-20-2006 10:59 AM

That car is badasssssssssss. I love how foose went with the v6 grill, so much cleaner. The chick selling the car though, is major BS.

351PONY 01-20-2006 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

I agree, she was the most unimpressed person I have ever seen. She had/has no idea what she is sitting on. Including the fact that I am sure they filter through thousands of requests and she gets, not only her car, but a new car, which is very seldom on the show. I would rather see this car go up in flames than to see it sell. Man, I am pissed. Sort of makes me sick.

About it not being the best looking car... I think it's hot but I don't think that it's the best looking mustang I have seen. I think that it might have to do with FOOSE himself having his own series out ya know. He doesn't want to make something better than something else he is trying to promote. Just my 2 cents on that.

But yeah, I think it would be worth bidding on this auction and not ever paying for it... lol then just make a new account and do it again and again to this stupid lady.
Just as a side note I believe the FOOSE series Mustang that he is offering now actually came about after he created this one for Overhaulin'; Remember there's a few months delay between when they actually do the car and when the episode airs.

Now, I have to agree with everyone else and say "What the heck is she thinking!"; Part of the appeal to owning a custom car is that it's recognizable; Heck, I'd be proud to be able to drive that car knowing people are looking at it and thinking 'That's the car from Overhaulin'!!' I understand that their insurance probably went up, but come on when the husband asked to have her car done, he knew the value of the car would go up and if the value of the car went up wouldn't you expect the insurance to go up too? I think Chip should simply buy the car back and keep it (or give it to someone who would truly appreciate it for what it is...a work of art).

torch red 01-20-2006 02:12 PM

GOD D***, i cant believe that wench is selling it, thats a disgrace, she doesnt deserve it, her hubby was a jerk off too, god that really gets me PO'd, people suck, i would give my left nut to get my car done bu Chip Foose--i hope a tree crushes it...

o.k. now i'm calm[:@]

delurker 01-20-2006 02:24 PM

I'm glad she's selling the car. Now she can afford to go back to the third grade to learn how to pluralize.

Professor Wizard 01-20-2006 02:26 PM

She obviously doesn't appreciate getting her own special mustang. She wants a Mini Van.... WTF!

I wonder what her reserve is... current bid is 45 grand and reserve not met.

discofan 01-20-2006 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

She obviously doesn't appreciate getting her own special mustang. She wants a Mini Van.... WTF!

I wonder what her reserve is... current bid is 45 grand and reserve not met.
Dear Professor Wizard,

I would suspect that this woman wants to squeeze as much money out of anyone interested in buying it..

My guess is that the reserve is somewhere in the $50,000 - $60,000 range, probably more like $55,000...

Anyone who DOES buy it will have a "one of a kind" custom build FOOSE which they can be proud of for years to come...

Side Note: If I ever WIN the lottery, I will quit my job and give another deserving person a chance at making a decent living doing my job. Greed was never my thing!!!

Dave

LesteR723 01-20-2006 05:28 PM

you know guys, it dosent even matter if the car looked good or not- i can bet they were planning it from the beginning. Either way- good looking or not- she got proibably about double the value of the car put on it and the guys wrencing away at that car and staying up sleepless (or nearly) for a week- puting blood sweat and hard work into that car... she just dosent deserve to have it. What a shame...

LesteR723 01-20-2006 05:35 PM

i sent her a message lol

"were you planning on getting it overhauled and selling it in the first place? i think its a shame that you would get those guys to work insanely hard for a week straigh with nearly no sleep to get this one of a kind Foosed car- and sell it. What a shame..."

and for you non bleievers:

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/LesteR723-message.JPG

351PONY 01-20-2006 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

i sent her a message lol

"were you planning on getting it overhauled and selling it in the first place? i think its a shame that you would get those guys to work insanely hard for a week straigh with nearly no sleep to get this one of a kind Foosed car- and sell it. What a shame..."

and for you non bleievers:

http://server2.uploadit.org/files/LesteR723-message.JPG
Can't wait to see the reply...

05HOTROD 01-20-2006 08:55 PM

I bet it's not her idea to sell it, it's her idiot husband selling it. he was a jerk off in the episode complaining about the paint scheme. A while back on svtperformance.com he allegedly rippped someone off selling take off parts and I think he was banned from the website.
check out what they are saying over there:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ght=overhaulin

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ight=overhaulin

M 01-20-2006 10:29 PM

haha its got one bid for 45k, user id is private!

probably her husband bidding on it trying to get someone to really bid

Stoenr 01-20-2006 10:52 PM

Maye she didnt like it like some users on here dont like it. I mean if thats not what you want to be seen driving in, I can understand.
And bidders will be private.
This is a private listing. Your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller

fairlane292 01-20-2006 11:58 PM

Overhaulin blew it though. Noone has an attachment to an 05 anything. Can always just go out and get another. Like they normally do it should be a car that the owner or family has had for a long time. This way the vehicle has sentimental or attachment value to the owner. This was stupid on behalf of Overhaulin and when watching the show I felt this. What does this nurse or anyone really care about this car? There are a few thousand like it and ya can just go down to the dealer and order up another anytime you want. I have a 61 Fairlane 2dr Club Sedan; 292Tbird V8, 4Speed that has tons of family history. Can't just go get another... I love the show but they blew it with this selection and the owner is just continuing this annoying story.

You folks have made enough comments about the car, so I'll just make one. The mirrors are horrific. The silver was not even sanded smooth, only the black. These would keep me awake nights and I'm not big on the two-tone anyway. Remove three nuts and throw these in the woods on the way home.

You wanna see a badass 06 black GT? watch for my pics in a week.

89vert86top 01-21-2006 12:03 AM

hey read the other thread about this guy it is pretty interresting plus from what i have learned this is probably scam so beware he is a new member of ebay and i got screwed buy a new member on ebay and all they could do was ban him from ebay didnt help me get my cash back\ but the car is bad azz and i dont care for newer stangs

M 01-21-2006 06:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Maye she didnt like it like some users on here dont like it. I mean if thats not what you want to be seen driving in, I can understand.
And bidders will be private.
This is a private listing. Your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller

she never liked it from the beginning go back and watch the episode, the show got scammed and thats that. its unfortunate but hopefully they(overhaulin) will do a bit more research because of it, and the fact that its a new car doesnt mean anything...there are plenty of individuals that would be thrilled to get this car and it would become part of the family

LesteR723 01-21-2006 10:19 AM

i'm thinking its a scam... still no message back... generally when people are tying to sell stuff they always mail you RIGHT back within an hour or so

Boozshey 01-23-2006 04:00 PM

I sent a message as an interested buyer. I can pick out a scam on ebay like no other. It's great, I always bid millions on scam auctions cause the person never complains about me not paying.. lol

MR.Mustang 01-23-2006 07:00 PM

I got scammed by that guy for a pair of 05 headlight I won on ebay for $193.00. I won the auction sent a M.O. and aweek later he emails me saying that they are damaged and he will refund me. I get his check and deposit it and a few weeks later it come back with a stop payment. I found him on SVTperformace.com. I posted a long thread on SVT performance.com and he eventually got banned. This guy is listing the car under his wife's ebay account he closed his after he ripped me off. I eventually won a claim from ebay that refuned me $153.00. This guy is douche bag!!

Here is a copy of his stop payment check and my cashed money order:

[IMG]local://upfiles/17775/B23FEB1302FF4A9A83EE7A508286465D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17775/0FF59C932FEC43CCA8F6C0D7AFCBB93A.jpg[/IMG]

Newbreedgt05 01-23-2006 07:06 PM

WOW! That woman is an idiot! First of all, why would you write to the show and ask to have your car overhauled and then want to sell it? How stupid can you be! Her husband must have been the one to write to them because she didn't know about it. What a loser. He probably had it planned out the whole time. I'm happy that they're selling it because they are obviously too dumb to drive an awesome car like that. Hopefully someone will buy the car that can appreciate it and deserves it. She says that her husband was responsible for cleaning the car, so it will probably have to be repainted since this dumb *** probably scratched up the car. The Overhaulin show really needs to spend more time determining the people's true motives before they overhaul their car so this doesn't happen again.

Boozshey 01-24-2006 09:24 PM

So I sent an email pretending I was an interested buyer. It appears that it is a scam. I have not recieved any information back in 48 hours. I would guess that this auction is a fake and comprised of gathered pics from around the internet...

skilz4u2nv 01-24-2006 10:53 PM

i saw this episode and thought it was one of the nicest mustangs i had ever seen... that that woman was the luckiest person ever to have this done to her... and now that !#$#%@ is selling it?! soo ungrateful... blaming it that she needs money to support her kid.. i dont buy that for a second...

sorry im just a lil bitter... they should screen these people better or put in a clause saying they cant sell the car for a profit other than what they paid for it originally...

FOOSE pick me next time! I promise I wont sell it!

viking396 01-24-2006 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: 05HOTROD

WOW, TALK ABOUT MAKING A PROFIT. HAVE CHIP FOOSE BUILD YOU A CAR THEN SELL IT. MMMMMMM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...06307332QQrdZ1
I think the show should be able to sue for their money back.