Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here have LoJack?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 04:18 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone here have LoJack?

Im thinking about getting it through my dealer...Alarms dont do crap these days, id like to get my car back if ( god forbid ) it ever gets stolen.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:29 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone here have LoJack?

ORIGINAL: TMG

Im thinking about getting it through my dealer...Alarms dont do crap these days, id like to get my car back if ( god forbid ) it ever gets stolen.
I got lojack installed immediately after purchasing my stang. It deducts about $11 from my quarterly insurance bill. I calculated that it'd take about 3-4 years for it to pay itself off (don't remember what I did, but the lojack option is about $500.00), insurance wise. Other than that, I feel safe knowing that it's there.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Yea i think ill give my dealer a ring today. I garage my GT but im paranoid.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

I actually went with a more recent technology, Mobile Guardian.

www.mymobileguardian.com

LoJack relies on the police to find your car. Not all police departments have LoJack equiped cars. Those that do have it don't have it in all their police cars. The cars that do have it will normally only get driven during one shift per day. To top it off the LoJack receiver in the police car will only pick up your car if it is in receiving distance. This is basic WWII technology.

The Mobile Guardian uses GPS to locate your car, then cell sites to transmit that data. You can track your car from their website. It also lets you set speed traps, kill the starter and it interfaces with the OEM alarm (I have the AAT alarm in mine). If your alarm goes off you can set it to send an email to up to two email addresses. I set one of them as my cell phone.

I have tested the alarm notification. It took about 30 seconds from when my alarm went off till I go a text message on my phone (it does have a delay so if you accidentaly set it off and kill it fairly quickly you dont get the email) .

I also have tested the speed trap setting. The place that is painting my stripes picked up the car yesterday. Their delivery driver was clocked three time by the system running in excess of 80mph. I called the company an complained to them.

Very cool tracking system. Does a LOT more than LoJack.

Your insurance company will also give the same discount for this system as they would a LoJack. Price for the unit is about $750. There are not monthly fees. You only pay each time the car is tracked. You can prepay for the tracks and get them at a discount depending on how many you buy at a time.

Good Luck!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Very very nice. I think Hulk Hogan used this on his daughters car haha. I may save up a bit longer and get this.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:58 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

This is the same one that Hulk Hogan used.

http://www.mymobileguardian.com/resc..._HulkHogan.asp
Old 01-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Yep nice! I saw he was tracking it on thier website when i watched his show haha. Yea i think ill go with this for sure its only $250 more.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:09 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

When I was shopping around for mine the only local place I found was listing it for $1,000. I negotiated it down to $800. After I had it installed and received their gurantee it states that in case of a theft and no receovery you will be reimbursed up to $750. That makes me think that the suggested retail for the item is $750.

Try an negotiate it lower as you may be able to get it for even less. That price also includes 15 free locates.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:36 AM
Exilenla
2nd Gear Member

I got the LoJack Early warning system. The way the system works, is if the vehicle is moved without the LoJack Keyfob (looking thing) there is a sensor within the vehicle that sends a message to LJ an they contact you to ask "Do you know your vehicle has been moved; and the security system has been breeched?" (or words to that extent)

LJ have 5 Contact #'s for you on file, and 2 email addresses; and I can assure you the phones start ringing and the emails come in until a LJ rep can get a hold of you. The idea of the early warning system is to notify you; and in turn you can get the police involves immediately - and not after the car has been gone for hours.

I have tested the system I have; and "Touch wood" it works well!

Good Luck!

Old 02-01-2006, 12:16 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Exilenla

I got the LoJack Early warning system. The way the system works, is if the vehicle is moved without the LoJack Keyfob (looking thing) there is a sensor within the vehicle that sends a message to LJ an they contact you to ask "Do you know your vehicle has been moved; and the security system has been breeched?" (or words to that extent)

LJ have 5 Contact #'s for you on file, and 2 email addresses; and I can assure you the phones start ringing and the emails come in until a LJ rep can get a hold of you. The idea of the early warning system is to notify you; and in turn you can get the police involves immediately - and not after the car has been gone for hours.

I have tested the system I have; and "Touch wood" it works well!

Good Luck!

I have the early warning system too. Its too bad that I didn't know about the Mobil Guardian before I put it in as I may have (and might still) opeted for that.

Quick Reply: Anyone here have LoJack?