MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Convertable or Hardtop? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/92821-convertable-or-hardtop.html)

SpikeGT 02-03-2006 03:53 PM

RE: Convertable or Hardtop?

I personally like the way the coupes look better. The vert are cool when the tops down, but I not sold on how they look closed up. I would still definately own a vert, but the coupe is way better looking.

Hambone 02-03-2006 06:03 PM

Oh yeah, vert all the way, baby! It's 70 deg out, and I'm going to take the long way home in a few short minutes :)

And yes, you can run the A/C or heat with the top down! We've done both...and loved being able to keep the top down.

ss 02-04-2006 02:00 AM

Gotta go wih the coupe. It has a more classic look. I put a sunroof in and get the best of both worlds. I have a Alpha Romeo vert if i Have the itch.

ScottRNelson 02-04-2006 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: ss

Gotta go wih the coupe. It has a more classic look. I put a sunroof in and get the best of both worlds.
A sunroof isn't even close to the experience of a convertible. I've owned two cars with sunroofs, a Taurus and a New Beetle and I've owned three convertibles, an S2000 and two Mustangs.

You still feel like you're inside with the sunroof and it's hard to find a setting where you don't get wind buffeting. The air is much smoother in a convertible with top down but windows up than any possible setting in a sunroof car, other than everything fully closed.

I'll never buy another car with a sunroof if I have the choice to make.

FastBackDan 02-04-2006 03:18 PM

Hard top!

wildabouthorses 02-04-2006 11:45 PM

Hubby wanted a convertible and a sporty looking car so Mustang won in the end after test driving different converts. We found out too about the ac turned on with the top down, kinda nice to have that when it gets in the 100 temps!

Juntech 02-04-2006 11:55 PM

hate to know what happens when it rolls [&:]

ScottRNelson 02-05-2006 05:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Juntech

How many cars have your rolled?

How many people do you know who have rolled cars?

Your statement is about as good as saying "hate too see what happens when it's crushed between a semi and a cement truck in a freeway pileup".

Although the windshield frame is is actually quite strong and offers quite a bit of protection, rollover protection doesn't make it onto my top 100 list of concerns about the car. What are the odds of it happening anyway?

ChewbaccaD 02-06-2006 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Juntech

This speaks volumes about your driving skills ;)

Tres Wright 02-06-2006 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Firecatboy2003

What would you pick?
Surely this is a decision you can make for yourself! :)