Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open door *ding* sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:24 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

Default Open door *ding* sound

Ok, fair warning, this is a bit of a bizzare post, but i figure if anyone knows, someone on this forum does.

SO, when you open your car door, you hear that *ding, ding, ding* sound right? here's what i want to know:

#1 - where does that *ding* sound come from - is it a small speaker hidden under the dash or something to that effect?

#2 - what MAKES that *ding* sound? seems like it could just be a pre-recorded sound - possibly digital, which when you open the door, will play through the speaker which is installed wherever it is installed.

now, here's what i want to do. i want to find the source of the *ding* sound, and wire it so that i can load a different sound into the system, so that when i open the door, instead of *ding* i hear any number of other sound effects, or sound clips (i.e. - "mooo!" or "hello, paul - welcome to your mustang"). note: i dont REALLY want my stang to say "moo!" just giving silly examples.

i figure you've got to be able to do this somehow - i just dont have the knowledge of the inner workings of the electronics system to do it - hoping someone here knows, or has tried something like that.

strange post i know, but anyone with even the slightest idea on this would be a great help.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:04 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Open door *ding* sound

nobody knows huh?

i'm just crazy aren't i?

no one in the entire world would ever want to modify this would they?

i suck

Old 02-02-2006, 07:08 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

[laughing]

You're nuts! Come on... aren't there other things for you to modify besides that DING DING DING sound? if you're going to modify it, at least modify it so it SHUTS OFF completely.. why bother putting another annoying song/sound in there?
Old 02-02-2006, 07:24 PM
crewwolfy
2nd Gear Member

That's hilarious. Any other sound clip you would load would probably end up driving you nuts. But the 'ding' is probably hardwired into the system. I imagine you could disconnect the speaker (which performs all the system alert 'dings') and install another speaker on the door to play whatever you'd like. Would be interesting, tho.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Gloves
2nd Gear Member

I kinda want my mustang to Mooo.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:32 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gloves

Get a fat chick to sit next to you, there';; be plenty of mooing going on.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:05 PM
351PONY
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006MustangGTNYC

ORIGINAL: Gloves

Get a fat chick to sit next to you, there';; be plenty of mooing going on.
ROFLMAO
Old 02-02-2006, 11:40 PM
slak05gt
2nd Gear Member

I turned the ding ding ding off in my last car by cutting the wire to the door switch. I'd do it to the stang too, but I can't find the switch.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:29 PM
BlackB-U-TEE_06
2nd Gear Member

[laughing]

You're nuts! Come on... aren't there other things for you to modify besides that DING DING DING sound? if you're going to modify it, at least modify it so it SHUTS OFF completely.. why bother putting another annoying song/sound in there?

haha - of course there are other things i want to mod in my car...and this is by no means high on my list of things to do...but it's been driving me nuts, and the more i think about it, the more i want to do it. i'm actually becoming obsessed. i keep thinking of sounds that would be awesome to have play instead of the "ding". darth vader breathing noise, nightrider car sound, moo, any quote from Samuel L Jackson, THX sound, the list is endless.

it's silly i know....but like i said - i've become obsessed with finding out how to do this...
Old 02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
2006MustangGTNYC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackB-U-TEE_06

[laughing]

haha - of course there are other things i want to mod in my car...and this is by no means high on my list of things to do...but it's been driving me nuts, and the more i think about it, the more i want to do it. i'm actually becoming obsessed. i keep thinking of sounds that would be awesome to have play instead of the "ding". darth vader breathing noise, nightrider car sound, moo, any quote from Samuel L Jackson, THX sound, the list is endless.

it's silly i know....but like i said - i've become obsessed with finding out how to do this...
You're creepy dood!

Quick Reply: Open door *ding* sound