Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need to know this

Old 02-12-2006, 02:11 AM
LoUd Is BEtter

Default i need to know this

got a question....if i leave my stock pipes and put on the slp loudmouths....would it be loud enough to be heard from a mile away and turn some heads or should i get a o/r h or x pipes
Old 02-12-2006, 02:29 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default RE: i need to know this

well, if you have the GT it will be plenty loud with the factory H... i'm not sure that if you got an aftermarket H pipe it'd make much of a difference. i think you'll be good with just the SLP's and factory pipes. Plus, if you get the slp's and want it louder, you can always switch the pipes.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:17 AM
sngsam
1st Gear Member

I have stock headers and x/h pipe...I also have SLPs and they are plenty loud you will love me case closed.

Straight Flushes,

SAM
Old 02-12-2006, 03:22 AM
iamgus_gus

if u want loud. in my opinion i would get aftermarket headers back and flowmasters. just cause i personally dont like the slps. i think if u open her up from the heads back it will sound amazing. it will also cost more money. but in my opinion the sound is alot better and worth it.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:29 AM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

I personally think it's kinda crazy to spend mad cash just to make your stang loud as ****, but hey....to each his own. I'm starting to think about going the opposite direction: resonators. Make my black GT a 'stealth' stang. With my charger and tune......I'll be past most fools on the street before they even hear me coming. Then again, maybe I'm just trying too hard to be different. But it's still kind of a cool idea.[8D]
Old 02-12-2006, 11:16 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ThisBlood147

I personally think it's kinda crazy to spend mad cash just to make your stang loud as ****, but hey....to each his own. I'm starting to think about going the opposite direction: resonators. Make my black GT a 'stealth' stang. With my charger and tune......I'll be past most fools on the street before they even hear me coming. Then again, maybe I'm just trying too hard to be different. But it's still kind of a cool idea.[8D]
you're going to loose power in the resinators and its not going to quite it down THAT much, just gives a deeper tone.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:49 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Yea, I know. Just throwing out a crazy idea. I have a friend who had a custom exhaust and muffler made for his 98 Z28 that made it deadly quiet. Was just thinking of how cool it would be to do something like that on my GT. But I know there isn't any aftermarket mufflers that will do it.....and I don't have the cash to spend on getting a custom job made.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:48 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

ThisBlood, you could try putting on 2 V6 mufflers. those might deaden the sound a little bit. the GT mufflers are supposed to produce a little more sound that stock, so swapping to the V6 might make it more quiet.
Just a thought though.

will

Search this Thread