Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have had it with my car!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 07:12 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I have had it with my car!

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Don't let it **** you off to bad you will get it ironed out. Are you planning on taking it out to the first street night at Richmond.
Yes sir! I will be at Richmond Dragway Saturday March 11 for the first test and tune. I think it will be fine, I ust need to drive it some and see what it is doing. My brother was messing with it yesterday and he said it felt just as fast if not a little quicker up top and had no issues with it cutting out.

Anyways, you coming March 11th, I don't think I have seen you there yet. I would like to meet you. You have good taste in a car.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:47 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 757GT

Anyways, you coming March 11th, I don't think I have seen you there yet.

I was having problems with my transmission leaking last year. The couple of times I went to the track made it worse it turned out to be the main control in the transmission. So hopefully I will be able to go to the track more often now with no leaks. I will not be able to make the March date but me and a member that I met on the forums TD1320 will probably be there on 4/14. Do you ever go to Dinwiddie did you know they are a NHRA track again and from what I have heard they had to make some massive improvements on the track.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:21 PM
grasshopper
2nd Gear Member

Did you reset the ECU at any point by removing the battery ground for a minute or two?? If the computer sees anything it doesn't like, the event could effect it's function regardless of the baseline tuning maps that are loaded.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:26 PM
The Ghost
3rd Gear Member

I know you said yours seems OK now, but I had a "safemode" issue on the Dyno a few weeks ago. Turned out the plugs were very fouled apparently from me trying to force something to happen when it went into safe mode. I felt the same power loss after my tuner checked the tune and got the computer issues dialed in. The car very gradually got worse and worse until I could barely drive it. Dealer check and all was good....but pulled plugs and changed them and now I'm back on top of the world. A side note..mine was during a Dyno run to see HP #'s after a pulley install also. I never completed a good run so I have no idea what it does. I was at 258 at 4100 rpm before safe mode dropped me off.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:17 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: The Ghost

I know you said yours seems OK now, but I had a "safemode" issue on the Dyno a few weeks ago. Turned out the plugs were very fouled apparently from me trying to force something to happen when it went into safe mode. I felt the same power loss after my tuner checked the tune and got the computer issues dialed in. The car very gradually got worse and worse until I could barely drive it. Dealer check and all was good....but pulled plugs and changed them and now I'm back on top of the world. A side note..mine was during a Dyno run to see HP #'s after a pulley install also. I never completed a good run so I have no idea what it does. I was at 258 at 4100 rpm before safe mode dropped me off.
Damn pullies, yeah I don't know what they actually did for my car. they only got two pulls on it and it shower less but it was not operating full strength. I will check the plugs though, that could be it. Thanks for your help, I did not even think about that.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:19 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Anyways, you coming March 11th, I don't think I have seen you there yet.

I was having problems with my transmission leaking last year. The couple of times I went to the track made it worse it turned out to be the main control in the transmission. So hopefully I will be able to go to the track more often now with no leaks. I will not be able to make the March date but me and a member that I met on the forums TD1320 will probably be there on 4/14. Do you ever go to Dinwiddie did you know they are a NHRA track again and from what I have heard they had to make some massive improvements on the track.
I have never raced at VMP, I need a helmet. How is Tony doing? I have not talked to him in a long time. Next time you talk to him tell him Ashwin (which is me) says hi. You can also just tell him 757GT says hi.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:20 PM
757GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: grasshopper

Did you reset the ECU at any point by removing the battery ground for a minute or two?? If the computer sees anything it doesn't like, the event could effect it's function regardless of the baseline tuning maps that are loaded.
Been meaning to do that, that might also be an issue. I will do that this evening when I get home. Thanks for your help as well.

I really appreciate all of the replies from everyone. I you guys ever have any questions you want to ask me feel free to pm me or start a thread. Thanks again guys!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:25 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

I have never raced at VMP, I need a helmet. How is Tony doing? I have not talked to him in a long time. Next time you talk to him tell him Ashwin (which is me) says hi. You can also just tell him 757GT says hi.

We will definitely have to hook up at Richmond Tony went with me last time I went . I am going to see if he wants to get together in April I will let you know when we are going for sure . Tony just got back from a short stint in Iraq and is doing good.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Man I love my steeda pullys. You can feel the car constantly pulling down the road now.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Longhaul89

I just had failsafe problems, it was the TBS. There is already a newer part out, different part number. Metal inside rather than plastic. It was 78 bucks, but solved the problem.

Quick Reply: I have had it with my car!