Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Striping

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Default Striping

Getting stripes done soon, could use some ideas. I'm pretty set on this (minus the ROUSH windshield banner and 427R lettering on the side obviuously).

Thats where I need some ideas... I'm stumped as far as what to put there instead (side). I thought about just 4.0L but it would either not fill very much or it would have to be huge and kinda stretched.

Also the lettering on the hood bulge sides. I was thinking 4.0 MUSTANG for there instead of on the side stripe. Sooo I need ideas for the side . Also debating on a reverse C for the side instead since the roush stripe is pretty noticeable as just that, a roush regardless of what I letter in there lol.

Last edited by MOOK3456; 08-05-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:06 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

lol it's odd when nobody has an opinion here...Went with this one (with mustang lettering, if I don't like it the spears are easy enough to replace) instead along with trunk blackout...Hopefully it turns out ok, we'll see.
http://www.moproauto.net/servlet/the...ng-Hood/Detail

Shaker arrived today, still waiting on roush rear and 3d500... Needless to say, wife is PISSED lmao.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I like your stripe choice..... as for what to put in place of the 427......I'm not really sure. I think 4.0L would be good, as you mentioned.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Blue Dragoon
1st Gear Member

You should name your car. Create your own special edition like Ford does (Cobra, Twister, Mach 1, BOSS, etc.) that you can build around and really call it your own. I myself have settled on Dragoon, which were riflemen mounted on horses, which fits in with the mustang/horse thing. Dragoon sounds cool too. I didn't want dragon because it seems too asian.

For you though I didn't put in too much thought but Gold Rush wouldn't be a bad name. You could cut out the letters on the hood spears, creating gold font but I think there are some hood spear decals that don't have the black outline so that you'd have more room to cut and thusly have bigger letters. As for the 427 stripe, I agree that 4.0L would look the best considering the stripe doesn't allow for many letters and not much else about the car can be summed up in 4 letters.

Last edited by Blue Dragoon; 08-07-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:21 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
You should name your car. Create your own special edition like Ford does (Cobra, Twister, Mach 1, BOSS, etc.) that you can build around and really call it your own. I myself have settled on Dragoon, which were riflemen mounted on horses, which fits in with the mustang/horse thing. Dragoon sounds cool too. I didn't want dragon because it seems too asian.

For you though I didn't put in too much thought but Gold Rush wouldn't be a bad name. You could cut out the letters on the hood spears, creating gold font but I think there are some hood spear decals that don't have the black outline so that you'd have more room to cut and thusly have bigger letters. As for the 427 stripe, I agree that 4.0L would look the best considering the stripe doesn't allow for many letters and not much else about the car can be summed up in 4 letters.
lol yeah, her name is Goldy Roxxx hehe. Although even if thats what I call her I can't see putting it on the car lol. Maybe in the engine bay somewhere but not on the body. I ended up going with the dominator hood bulge blackout and spears and trunk blackout (my 2nd post). For now I'll leave the sides alone and most likely change it all anyways down the road, the kit was a good price for 8 year 3m vinyl. I needed a hood stripe fast so I can install my shaker so this will do for now...Maybe I'll save for painted.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:53 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i vote no words lol As far as that spoiler is it the 2010 gt500 style? I havent seen a spoiler not made by ford that actualyl looks like the 2010 gt500 sppoiler. all of them I have seen that are said to be for teh 2010 are he older 2009 and down style. i want the 10 gt500 spoiler, but i want to buy it prepainted.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:00 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

3dcarbon makes it. It's called a 3d500 lol. Here's an article with pics- http://www.mylrs.com/blogs/lrs/archi...3d-carbon.aspx Here's where I ordered -http://www.dgcustomauto.com/category.sc?categoryId=588 The only real difference I can see so far (hasn't come yet) is the gurney flap is molded one piece with the spoiler. So if you want it flat black you would either have to have it painted flat or use a strip of vinyl (most likely what I'll do). dgcustoms will paint it but to do it they have to paint the spoiler twice which takes longer and would be extra $$$ (talked to them about it the other day)

Last edited by MOOK3456; 08-07-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:11 AM
floridafordguy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon

how about 4.0L DOHC
Old 08-07-2010, 09:35 AM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

"grocery getter"

Last edited by MOOK3456; 08-07-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:40 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Ya i like the dominator spears, I might end up getting those.

definitely let me know how the spoiler goes, I was just waiting for a reason to pull the trigger on that.

Quick Reply: Striping