Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Stage 2 of under hood blingage done, modded strut covers for adjustable shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 04:03 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Stage 2 of under hood blingage done, modded strut covers for adjustable shocks

the other stuff I ordered for under the hood came in this week and i got the stuff installed. I put on some painted hood struts and did away with the prop rod. i also got my battery and master cylinder covers installed. since the car is blown i had to mod the master cover to clear the throttle body of the roush blower. i am glad i didn't order them painted, the cutting, trimming, and whittling would have fried the paint. that said i want them painted now. i have a wild hair that my dude that did the stripes might be able to wrap them in vinyl if he can get grabber blue.

anyhow, got the chrome SHR billet fuse box cover on and installed the strut tower covers. those took some work to get them to fit since the car has koni yellow shocks. If any of you are running yellows or d-specs and want covers, these will fit.they are from midwest autogear. To get them to fit i had to carve down the center portion on the bottom of the cover with my razor knife. i also had to drill a 1/4" hole in the cover for a bit of extra clearance for the adjustment ****. Interestingly, the adjustment screw did not stick out of the hole, but was nearly flush with the black plastic on the top of the cover. i had some black mustang pony stickers that are actually made for brake calipers lying around here so I stuck them in the center of the covers to hide the hole I had to drill. I think it turned out pretty darn good. You can remove the covers if you need to adjust with no tools, though it takes some work to get the things off, they hold very snugly. check it out:

I'm not done under there yet. I plan to add a painted rad cover, just waiting on DG custom auto to finish their smooth rad cover. i will end up getting paint or something on the batt and master covers. I also want to get the canton aluminum roush intercooler res and overflow canister and have them painted grabber blue.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM
1slov6stanguncc
2nd Gear Member

Looks really good man Im jealous of that blower
Old 11-25-2010, 04:40 PM
stangpilot007

Looking good Shane. I think I'm going to have to add some chrome cam covers to mine when I get my chrome Roushcharger installed.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:19 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Looking good. Where did you get the other aluminum pieces under the hood?
Old 11-26-2010, 12:24 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5 Dot 0
Looking good. Where did you get the other aluminum pieces under the hood?
UPR for all of that stuff but the fuse box cover, it's from SHR.