Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Need GB Appearance Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Black on GB looks good IMO. That's the direction I'm going with my car. I think the hood with spears kit would look good, not sure if I'm into the side stripes going on.

My car is in my sig, but needs to be updated. Currently have the Boss fascia and splitter on the front to add some aggressive tones and more black trim, it looks sweet with the black stripe. Eventually I might end up going with a black decklid panel. I think you're headed in the right direction though
Thanks for the advice. There are so many body lines to potentially accent, it's crazy.

One of the reasons I was thinking side stripes is that I want to paint the back edge of the spoiler black. Might help tie the whole thing together.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 PM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Everybody does black with GB. How about something else?

Old 06-17-2011, 12:17 AM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

^ not a fan of that blue/red combo, just doesnt look right imo

i'd say go black, white, or silver
and the reflectors are no trouble, get yourself a a can of spray tint and your good.
also those factory rims would look good in black, i see your against a whole new set or rims/tires, could powdercoat your stock rims or even just paint them.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:41 AM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

- Gloss black everything: hood spears, L stripes, roof, louvers, lip spoiler
- Get 19s or 20s, all black wheels.
- Stillen chin spoiler.
- Roush axle backs
- Drop 1.5

I guarantee you will get compliments EVERY single day. It's a great feeling.

The reason for black is it's a great contrast to GB. Red on GB makes me puke, but that's just my personal opinion. White is too light, because GB is neither a dark color nor a light color, especially considering lighting. Black will always look good.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:01 AM
jlc41
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
- Gloss black everything: hood spears, L stripes, roof, louvers, lip spoiler
- Get 19s or 20s, all black wheels.
- Stillen chin spoiler.
- Roush axle backs
- Drop 1.5

I guarantee you will get compliments EVERY single day. It's a great feeling.

The reason for black is it's a great contrast to GB. Red on GB makes me puke, but that's just my personal opinion. White is too light, because GB is neither a dark color nor a light color, especially considering lighting. Black will always look good.
What he said...but I'd go 17's black with chrom or polished rim. Black jumps on GB very sharp.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 AM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, no red...that looks terrible.

If I go with anything, it'll be black. I'm on somewhat of a budget, so wheels (powdercoated or new) wouldn't be coming till earliest next year (tax $)

Hard to imagine what it'd look like. Maybe I can take some pics and someone to shop em?
Old 06-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

If I could do it again, I would have gotten black super snake stripes or the boss one's that was posted earlier. I get tons of compliments with my current set up but you know what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. GB is a great color, it just screams "Look at how nice my stang is" =)
Old 06-17-2011, 06:25 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

I just don't think white works as well with GB as black does becuase gb is such a bright shade and white is also bright, it just doesn't look right to me.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:13 AM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

I have an appointment with the body shop next monday, so hopefully we'll work something out.

One thing I realized is that my side pony emblems would have to go if I did Boss style stripes. Considering I have the pony package, I'm assuming there are holes in the fenders. Might kill that plan...
Old 06-20-2011, 10:05 AM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

....Yeah, that's out. Can't do Boss style because of the pony package emblems. Not worth it to fill the holes, and would look weird with the emblems over top (probably)

Back to the drawing board....

Quick Reply: Need GB Appearance Ideas