MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2010-current S197 Appearance Section (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section-132/)
-   -   Seeking Guidance: Tires, Rims and Lowering (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2010-current-s197-appearance-section/649096-seeking-guidance-tires-rims-and-lowering.html)

VEssen 08-14-2011 10:58 PM

Thanks, I may actually take a road trip and go see him.. looks like about 5 hours from me. I want to be able to trust whoever touches my car, and he certainly seems to have gained the trust of many around here.

ZPounds07GT 08-15-2011 09:10 AM

Any time :)

And yeah I hear ya on that.. I don't even let others drive mine. Few even sit in the drivers seat. Lol.

Good luck and post back here to let us know how it goes, if you don't mind.

shark tales 08-15-2011 08:57 PM

i know im new to the forum but i would love to see a stickie on all of these subjects

1SickSaleen 08-16-2011 10:43 AM

Super flush

Originally Posted by swervo (Post 7638233)
Steeda, Eibach, BMR or FRPP are all great springs and give you a decent drop. As for wheels, I suggest getting at least 19s if not 20s. 18s are just too small for the new stangs. Unless of course you're going to track it. For me, I went with FRPP K springs and Forgestar F14 wheesls 20x9 20x11 and it fits perfectly.
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d2...g/IMG_0976.jpg

Swervo, You mentioned your forgestars fit perfectly. You havent had any rubbing issues in the rear? And great choice going a 35 tire in the back. I am considering a similar set up on a 2005.

swervo 08-16-2011 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by 1SickSaleen (Post 7656789)
Swervo, You mentioned your forgestars fit perfectly. You havent had any rubbing issues in the rear? And great choice going a 35 tire in the back. I am considering a similar set up on a 2005.

Yeah, no rubbing what so ever even with a 1.5" drop.

1SickSaleen 08-17-2011 05:34 PM

Another Question

Originally Posted by swervo (Post 7657210)
Yeah, no rubbing what so ever even with a 1.5" drop.

Looks so clean! Another question, if you dont mind. Did forgestar or one of their dealers reccommend the rear offset to you?. I am curious because I like these wheels but I have a 2005. Not sure of any big differences as compared to the 2011/2012s as far as rear suspension components and clearances are concerned. I inquired to a local dealer here in Carson and they havent recommended an offset to go with, just wheel widths. I guess I should just measure to be sure. Also, did you have the long wait for production like some other members? I was quoted 4-6 weeks and I am local so I guess it could save some time.

swervo 08-18-2011 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1SickSaleen (Post 7658020)
Looks so clean! Another question, if you dont mind. Did forgestar or one of their dealers reccommend the rear offset to you?. I am curious because I like these wheels but I have a 2005. Not sure of any big differences as compared to the 2011/2012s as far as rear suspension components and clearances are concerned. I inquired to a local dealer here in Carson and they havent recommended an offset to go with, just wheel widths. I guess I should just measure to be sure. Also, did you have the long wait for production like some other members? I was quoted 4-6 weeks and I am local so I guess it could save some time.

I called Forgestar directly and talked to Peter. He recommended getting 20x11s for the rear and said they had the perfect offset and he was right. I also purchased directly from them and drove up to pick them up.

yankeehick5.0 09-08-2011 05:42 PM

Swervo! your ride is sicker than sick itself. I need to know a couple of things if you don't mind.
1. Are your tires summer or all-season?
2. Did you add a camber kit when lowering? If so, which one?
3. What's the offset on your whees? Using any spacers?
4. What's the ride quality like? I'm assuming a lot worse than stock. Would I be accurate?

Thanks!

swervo 09-09-2011 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=yankeehick5.0;7681955]Swervo! your ride is sicker than sick itself. I need to know a couple of things if you don't mind.
1. Are your tires summer or all-season? Summer tires
2. Did you add a camber kit when lowering? If so, which one? Maximum Motorsports, it's in my signature.
3. What's the offset on your whees? 40 front 53 rear Using any spacers? No
4. What's the ride quality like? I'm assuming a lot worse than stock. Would I be accurate? It's stiffer than stock but it's not bad.