Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

RTR rear diffuser

Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Phantomx2
1st Gear Member

Default RTR rear diffuser

Does anyone have the RTR rear diffuser? According to American Muscle website it includes the rear diffuser and 3 piece splitter. I wanted to verify this? I was wondering if anyone changed their rear diffuser and how to do the install. I am assuming this install would be the same as any other rear diffuser install. I read a review about the boss rear diffuser and no install instructions came with. So who ever knows how to do the install please let me know.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:47 PM
swervo
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phantomx2
Does anyone have the RTR rear diffuser? According to American Muscle website it includes the rear diffuser and 3 piece splitter. I wanted to verify this? I was wondering if anyone changed their rear diffuser and how to do the install. I am assuming this install would be the same as any other rear diffuser install. I read a review about the boss rear diffuser and no install instructions came with. So who ever knows how to do the install please let me know.
I want to get that piece too. My buddy had his 5.0 converted to an RTR and I believe the RTR rear diffuser comes with the rear side splitters and lower splitter. From what I read, the rear center tabs are a PITA to get out. I plan on doing this in the near future.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Phantomx2
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by swervo
I want to get that piece too. My buddy had his 5.0 converted to an RTR and I believe the RTR rear diffuser comes with the rear side splitters and lower splitter. From what I read, the rear center tabs are a PITA to get out. I plan on doing this in the near future.

I know if you got your whole car converted over to an RTR then the rear diffuser comes with the splitters. I just wanted to make sure it did from American Muscle but I guess I can just call them to make sure. But Im still looking for how to change out the rear diffuser if anyone has done this. I hope its not that bad.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:37 PM
ssiptang
1st Gear Member

I changed mine to GT500 over the weekend.
Pretty straight forward.
Every taps come off easly except the two on the bottom which you can just break them off since your diffuser comes with new ones.
If you need instruction just google "roush rear diffuser installation". They have PDF file posted online.

photo by DannyDoo, on Flickr
Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Phantomx2
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the help I will look up the install instructions. How long would you say the install took you? And was there any problem with the exhaust in the way?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:19 AM
ssiptang
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the help I will look up the install instructions. How long would you say the install took you? And was there any problem with the exhaust in the way?
Exhaust is fine but you must remove your rear wheels. I tried w/o removing them and I striped one of the bolts. Took me about 2 hours just because it had to figure some stuff out.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Phantomx2
1st Gear Member

Ok thats a big help knowing the exhaust is not in the way. Another thing... in your pic the whole rear bumper is off. You gotta remove the whole rear bumper then swap out diffusers or can you take only the diffuser off?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:04 PM
roblee121
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ssiptang
Exhaust is fine but you must remove your rear wheels. I tried w/o removing them and I striped one of the bolts. Took me about 2 hours just because it had to figure some stuff out.
this is a big help since i have the splitter on the way.

also ssiptang what kinda taillights do you have. did you tint them yourself? or the VHT night shades possibly?
Old 08-24-2011, 11:45 AM
ssiptang
1st Gear Member

Ok thats a big help knowing the exhaust is not in the way. Another thing... in your pic the whole rear bumper is off. You gotta remove the whole rear bumper then swap out diffusers or can you take only the diffuser off?
You must take the whole bumper off.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:47 AM
ssiptang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by roblee121
this is a big help since i have the splitter on the way.

also ssiptang what kinda taillights do you have. did you tint them yourself? or the VHT night shades possibly?
I bought the cheap vinyl tint for 2010+ and cut out the clear part. I think it was $10 from ebay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RTR rear diffuser