Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Christmas Suprise, Custom Shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 11:26 AM
Noele831

Talking Christmas Suprise, Custom Shift ****

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I don't own a Mustang but my boyfriend does, a 2011 5.0. I'm looking to find a custom shift **** for him for christmas. I'm having a lot of trouble, I've gotten a responce or two from a couple of places but then they just stop replying.
I would like to get a round shifter with the decepticon emblum etched into it. Perferably in something that doesn't scratch easily (he wears a ring on his right hand and even tho he switches it the standard **** is all scratched up from it) If any of you have any information on where I could maybe order something like that, or just point in the right diesction, I'd really appreciate it! Cost isn't an issue, but getting it by the end of December is! =)
Thank you!

K.Noele
Old 11-26-2011, 07:03 PM
IA Shelby
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Noele831
Hello,

I'm new to the forum, I don't own a Mustang but my boyfriend does, a 2011 5.0. I'm looking to find a custom shift **** for him for christmas. I'm having a lot of trouble, I've gotten a responce or two from a couple of places but then they just stop replying.
I would like to get a round shifter with the decepticon emblum etched into it. Perferably in something that doesn't scratch easily (he wears a ring on his right hand and even tho he switches it the standard **** is all scratched up from it) If any of you have any information on where I could maybe order something like that, or just point in the right diesction, I'd really appreciate it! Cost isn't an issue, but getting it by the end of December is! =)
Thank you!

K.Noele
Ms., I am sorry I don't know what the deception emblem is...but there are several decent places. Just google mustang shift *****.Grabber Pony, Steeda, Hurst all have options.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:12 PM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

^ i believe she's talking about the decepticon emblem from transformers, and wants it custom etched on a shift ****

EDIT:

guy i kno from yoyoing does custom acrylic shift *****, if you were looking for something like that, its not etching on metal and probably not as nice but they're pretty cool and you can get em weighted as well for a more solid shift ****

http://landonbalk.com/shiftknobs.html

Last edited by KonaStangPete; 11-26-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:47 AM
Noele831

That's exactly the image I've been considering acrylic also just because his ring is titanium and will scratch almost any metal. Plus the etching mint stand out more. I'll check out those guys and let you know what I find, thanks!
Old 12-01-2011, 11:03 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Noele831 - You're quite a gal getting your boyfriend car parts for Christmas. Problem is, do you really want to be attached to a guy that wants a transformer emblem on his car parts?

;-)
Old 12-02-2011, 04:45 AM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wrxified
Noele831 - You're quite a gal getting your boyfriend car parts for Christmas. Problem is, do you really want to be attached to a guy that wants a transformer emblem on his car parts?

;-)
haha...

yeah. haha is all i can think to say about that =P
but a girlfriend that gets her boyfriend car parts?! I WANT ONE!!!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/digital-shift-****.html
if i had a manual i would get one of these^ =D
Old 12-02-2011, 11:10 AM
KonaStangPete
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aerbourne

http://www.americanmuscle.com/digital-shift-****.html
if i had a manual i would get one of these^ =D
it's a cool idea but terribly over priced and after the first week you won't even look at it, personally I never look down to shift
Old 12-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Noele831

Hahaha hey I'd be more worried if he wanted it to be an Autobot. Talked to Steeda, no help, they wanted to sell me a new shifter with the ****, and still couldn't help with the etching. That guy who makes acrylic ones if very cool, he's been really helpful, but I'm still holding out for a metal one. Personally, I know what gear I'm in when I'm driving, lol the digital thing would be cooler if it would randomly scroll "Go Faster".
Old 12-04-2011, 03:44 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

agreed, that digital shifter know is WAY overpriced...it would just be cool to have just for looks while other people are in the car. i wouldnt expect to hardly ever look at it while i was driving. just another thing to make your car look more upper end than every other base model cloth interior mustang out driving around in my college town
Old 12-07-2011, 05:55 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Noele - There is a company that is making aluminum Decepticon shift ***** for Camaros. Unfortunately they wont be shipping until January. They are aluminum however. I don't know if he is looking for a ball or not. This is the pistol grip shifter which I personally don't care for.

You would also need to buy shifter adapter because all of the 2010-2012 Camaro shift arms are unthreaded. I think MRT makes them.

http://camarocollection.com/accessor...hift-****.html

Last edited by wrxified; 12-07-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Christmas Suprise, Custom Shift knob