Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

CAN IT BE DONE

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

Default CAN IT BE DONE

Has anyone installed the California Special Front Fascia without removing the complete bumper?
I have a lot of parts sitting in my living room just waiting to be installed and I am just wondering if it can be done.
I am off today and tomorrow so its time to start doing the mods to my car and cleaning out the living room.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 AM
dr.dirty
1st Gear Member

Taking the front bumper cover off is very simple and only takes a few minutes.... Im sure you could install it with the bumper on.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

It can easily be done without taking the bumper cover off. Now that I've done it on a couple of cars, I can do the job in ~20 minutes.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:52 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsnyng
It can easily be done without taking the bumper cover off. Now that I've done it on a couple of cars, I can do the job in ~20 minutes.
Took a look at your page - nice shots at the track, do you autox here locally? By next season I will feel ready but I'd like to get things lined up before then (things I need to do to run, etc). Love seeing those shots!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:03 PM
jsnyng
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
Took a look at your page - nice shots at the track, do you autox here locally? By next season I will feel ready but I'd like to get things lined up before then (things I need to do to run, etc). Love seeing those shots!
You should come out to our Novice school in May. We have some of the best instructors in the country who will be teaching. It's a great way to get a ton of seat time in your car for very little money.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 PM
HOTRODD77
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tormentor
Has anyone installed the California Special Front Fascia without removing the complete bumper?
I have a lot of parts sitting in my living room just waiting to be installed and I am just wondering if it can be done.
I am off today and tomorrow so its time to start doing the mods to my car and cleaning out the living room.
I did not remove the bumper when installing mine. It was not hard at all. I used this to go by
http://www.evilcartman.com/californi...tallation.html