Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Need help with raxioms/HID's

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 06:11 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Default Need help with raxioms/HID's

Hey guys, on my old mustang i purchased raxiom smoked projector headlights and the visiblity at night turned out to be pretty bad due to the smoked housing. My question is, if i purchase this setup: http://www.stangmods.com/Black-Proje...12-p/01614.htm

is this everything i need to run a smoked housing with HID's?
What kind of bulbs do i get?
Will this be brighter than even the stock headlights i have now?

I've never really messed with the headlights so i dont know too much on this topic. Any help and pics would really be appreciated! Id love the smoked look but i dont want to lose visibilty at night.

thanks ahead of time!
Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
Hey guys, on my old mustang i purchased raxiom smoked projector headlights and the visiblity at night turned out to be pretty bad due to the smoked housing. My question is, if i purchase this setup: http://www.stangmods.com/Black-Proje...12-p/01614.htm

is this everything i need to run a smoked housing with HID's?
What kind of bulbs do i get?
Will this be brighter than even the stock headlights i have now?

I've never really messed with the headlights so i dont know too much on this topic. Any help and pics would really be appreciated! Id love the smoked look but i dont want to lose visibilty at night.

thanks ahead of time!
My thought on smoked aftermarket projectors and HIDs is that they suck. I had smoked Raxioms and 4300k bulbs (highest lumens) and they were probably a tad worse than standard halogen & reflector housings.

For $450 (or less) you can have your stockers retrofitted and customized pretty much however you want. I forget who, but a guy on here had his Raxioms retrofitted with good projectors and it was night/day (no pun intended).

If you do decide on those, you'll definitely need 4300k bulbs. You can't really go smoked without losing some (or most) of the output.
Your $ though...

More info in my sig.

Last edited by BKamp613; 09-07-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:54 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKamp613
My thought on smoked aftermarket projectors and HIDs is that they suck. I had smoked Raxioms and 4300k bulbs (highest lumens) and they were probably a tad worse than standard halogen & reflector housings.

For $450 (or less) you can have your stockers retrofitted and customized pretty much however you want. I forget who, but a guy on here had his Raxioms retrofitted with good projectors and it was night/day (no pun intended).

If you do decide on those, you'll definitely need 4300k bulbs. You can't really go smoked without losing some (or most) of the output.
Your $ though...

More info in my sig.
i read about that guy doing it. Anyways, if i ship him the lights (or take it to anyone for that matter) what else do i need?
Old 09-07-2012, 06:57 PM
BKamp613
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
i read about that guy doing it. Anyways, if i ship him the lights (or take it to anyone for that matter) what else do i need?
You can work out with him which projectors you want (varying efficiency and cost), shrouds, custom painting, HID bulb temp and he'll assemble them and get em workin.

He has a FB page now (I'll PM you). He's done quite a few owner's lights on here. Does great work.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:07 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BKamp613
You can work out with him which projectors you want (varying efficiency and cost), shrouds, custom painting, HID bulb temp and he'll assemble them and get em workin.

He has a FB page now (I'll PM you). He's done quite a few owner's lights on here. Does great work.
thanks alot man, really appreciate this info!