Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Side view mirror light

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 PM
turnerdude69

Default Side view mirror light

Hello, I'm new here and looked around and did not find anything on this...

I've got a 2013 GT and it has the side view mirror's that shine the mustang pony on the ground whenever you unlock the doors or open them.

My question is has anybody seen a way to change the color? They are white from the factory but think they would look even better red.

Just wondering if anybody has ever seen a kit or anything for them..Can't seem to find anything...

Thanks...
Old 02-26-2013, 06:43 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

They are available guys have installed them, here is a version on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...1ca25c&vxp=mtr
I know the factory version is available as well, you'll have to get a part number and search for it.sorry I don't know about changing color though
If you don't want to go through ebay, here's another option.
http://www.sdmustangaccessories.com/...air_p_567.html
You just have the pony and not the tribar logo that I linked right? I just realized you have these but I thought these were different than factory

Last edited by 07GrabU; 02-26-2013 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM
turnerdude69

Originally Posted by 07GrabU
They are available guys have installed them, here is a version on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...1ca25c&vxp=mtr
I know the factory version is available as well, you'll have to get a part number and search for it.sorry I don't know about changing color though
If you don't want to go through ebay, here's another option.
http://www.sdmustangaccessories.com/...air_p_567.html
You just have the pony and not the tribar logo that I linked right? I just realized you have these but I thought these were different than factory
Yea mine are factory...I don't want to change the pony it's projecting just the color..

Would have been great if they would have let you change it with the my color like the rest of the lights...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:16 AM
MADSCOTSMAN
2nd Gear Member

I'm guessing the only way to tell would be to order a replacement that you could take apart to see what is inside??? I was originally thinking it might an LED bulb inside, but not sure (I thought i've heard/read people say that those puddle lamps get hot if they are on for a long time, that would lead me to think it may be Halogen). Perhaps you could replace the bulb inside one with some soldering skills, or cut a mini lense out of some colored plexiglass with a dremmell???!?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:22 AM
bones302
2nd Gear Member

try putting some red colored lens tape over the bottom of the light to see if it changes the color much. it will probably be much darker (harder to see) if you go another color.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:59 PM
turnerdude69

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I'm guessing the only way to tell would be to order a replacement that you could take apart to see what is inside??? I was originally thinking it might an LED bulb inside, but not sure (I thought i've heard/read people say that those puddle lamps get hot if they are on for a long time, that would lead me to think it may be Halogen). Perhaps you could replace the bulb inside one with some soldering skills, or cut a mini lense out of some colored plexiglass with a dremmell???!?
Yea looks like I would have to do something custom..It's all one piece and would be easy for the aftermarket to make different colored ones but till then I'll just leave it white..

Was hoping someone here might have seen them somewhere..There are sooooo many mods for these cars......thanks..
Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by turnerdude69
Yea mine are factory...I don't want to change the pony it's projecting just the color..

Would have been great if they would have let you change it with the my color like the rest of the lights...
I just received last month a set of those. I haven't put them in yet, but my F150 has the "Ford Logo" set put into its side mirrors. Looks really neat at night. I didn't pay anywhere near the 65 bucks though. I paid 24.95 and 4.00 shipping for either set. Amazon has them quite a bit cheaper. They are all made in China, so why pay more.

Make sure you get the smaller designed lights (called generation 4, I read). Those shown in that picture are. If you get gen 2 (bigger and longer), but goes into the same size drill hole. Just the overall length is different and the face/ring is a bit different. They come with the hole saw also, like in the picture. Very nice upgrade for your ride.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Dineau
2nd Gear Member

Here's the comparison between the 3 version:

Old 02-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Mulepick

This feature comes under the category of "just because you have the technology doesn't mean you have to use it". My new GT/CS has it and I'm embarrassed by it. Seems to go over big at the trailer park though. They need to make extra slides like a bat outline or maybe the naked splashguard girl?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:04 PM
turnerdude69

Originally Posted by Mulepick
This feature comes under the category of "just because you have the technology doesn't mean you have to use it". My new GT/CS has it and I'm embarrassed by it. Seems to go over big at the trailer park though. They need to make extra slides like a bat outline or maybe the naked splashguard girl?
LOL... Yea I did not order it..They came with the car..I would have never ordered them...

But now that I have them I was trying to at least make them a little cooler.. Your idea is better too...I would love to be able to change it from time to time to different things..The bat signal would look cool with my all black car...

Quick Reply: Side view mirror light