Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Faux gas cap removed

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Default Faux gas cap removed

Latested mod, Was not sure if I would like it but its been on a week or so and I really do like it. Also changed out the licence plate holder, Like it better that what came stock
bth_IMG_0561_zps19edf176.jpg?
Old 08-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

I like it! Never cared for the fake gas cap. I did the same thing, but I used a carbon-fiber decklid and then put the running-pony from the grille on the back. looks one-of-a-kind. (pics of it on my 2013 Gt in garage album)
Old 08-23-2013, 03:26 PM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fifthwind
I like it! Never cared for the fake gas cap. I did the same thing, but I used a carbon-fiber decklid and then put the running-pony from the grille on the back. looks one-of-a-kind. (pics of it on my 2013 Gt in garage album)
Looks good,
Old 08-25-2013, 05:10 AM
yourmove
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chazman_1962
Latested mod, Was not sure if I would like it but its been on a week or so and I really do like it. Also changed out the licence plate holder, Like it better that what came stock
Pic is kinda small to really see.

It looks like you went with the RTR product.

It does have their logo on the bottom right - correct?

How do you like it?

I do want to do the mod but wish I could get a decent product without advertising . . . I suppose I could paint.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yourmove

How do you like it?

I do want to do the mod but wish I could get a decent product without advertising . . . I suppose I could paint.

I have a better picture in my garage, Go there if you want to see it. Yes it does have and RTR sticker in the lower right corner, its just a sticker and can be pulled off with. When I first got it, it looked well lets just say not sure if I liked it, The longer its on the more I like it. At this piont I'm really glad I put this on. I do hate that faux gas cap just looks cheezy in my opinion. Still a dust collector though. Hope this helps
Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by yourmove

How do you like it?

I know this is not the best picture. Still small, go to my garage and see it there, Sorry I tried
bth_IMG_0562_zps21ce01ab.jpg?

Last edited by Chazman_1962; 08-25-2013 at 07:01 AM. Reason: adding text
Old 08-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Trucarbon.net has a full decklid blackout panel in carbon fiber for those who like this kind of a clean look without logos or decals. It's what I used. There's a close up pic in my garage where you can see the carbon-fiber weave.
But the panel Chazman is showing above is great too and the RTR logo is just vinyl which can be removed.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 PM
yourmove
1st Gear Member

Yeah - they look good - I'll put this one on the list
Old 08-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Chazman_1962
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fifthwind
Trucarbon.net has a full decklid blackout panel in carbon fiber for those who like this kind of a clean look without logos or decals. It's what I used. There's a close up pic in my garage where you can see the carbon-fiber weave.
But the panel Chazman is showing above is great too and the RTR logo is just vinyl which can be removed.
There is also a company called MRT-Direct that does a dip process for graphics, You can basicall have anything you want done. Here is a link
http://www.mrt-direct.com/hitechfx.html
I was at there shop a couple weeks ago this process is endless
Old 08-30-2013, 07:11 AM
Raydin27

I had the Carbon panel fifthwind was talking about, had it on for a few months and removed it, i dont know if it was installer error( Me) or the panel itself but it just didn't look like it fit right to me. Ive since reinstalled the factory panel and plastidipped the gas cap portion. I have been thinking about the RTR panel but im just iffy about permanently modifying the trunk lid to install it. did you install it yourself?

Quick Reply: Faux gas cap removed