Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Wheels dilema

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 03:55 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Default Wheels dilema

Hi, first time here, future mustang owner (finally).

So I'm getting close to pulling the trigger. I was able to locate the options I want (black/black w/ grabber blue, comfort). I'm paying to have it transported on a flatbed, don't feel like driving 6 hours as well as I want to make sure I break it in nicely.

Anyways, the only issue is it comes with the black 19" wheels. Personally I prefer the 18s. So, assuming I go ahead and buy it, how difficult would it be to sell the set of 19s with practically new tires?

Thanks,
adrian
Old 02-14-2014, 05:57 PM
artdohc
1st Gear Member

Not hard at all.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:19 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Should be pretty easy. If you were in CA, I'd take them right off your hands. I have the base 18-inch "sparkle silver" aluminum wheels.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:58 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SPARTAN VI
Should be pretty easy. If you were in CA, I'd take them right off your hands. I have the base 18-inch "sparkle silver" aluminum wheels.
Ok so I was finally able to confirm the wheels. They aren't the 19" black ones, they are instead the luster nickel-painted ones. How much do you think I can get for them with almost-new tires (I'll be driving it a bit until I get them replaced).
Old 02-16-2014, 05:53 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by adrianp
Ok so I was finally able to confirm the wheels. They aren't the 19" black ones, they are instead the luster nickel-painted ones. How much do you think I can get for them with almost-new tires (I'll be driving it a bit until I get them replaced).
I see take-off rims+tires listed for anywhere between $750-$1200, but I couldn't tell you who actually ends up closing a deal.

Last edited by SPARTAN VI; 02-16-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:57 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

k, thanks for helping me through this, it's helped open up some more options. I think I may have found a car, just have to wait until tomorrow when they open. It has the upgraded 18" wheels, so it's definitely something I can work with. Best case is if I find wheels that I like that fits the tires, otherwise I'll just wait until I have to replace the tires. At least it's only 500 vs 1000K.
Old 02-16-2014, 10:45 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

verify which luster/nickel 19's it has. the 5-spokes or the 10-spokes

10 spokes come with the big brake package. wheel choice for you afterward will be more limited if it's got the big kit.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:43 PM
need4speed
Former Sponsor

You wouldn't have a problem at all selling those 19" stock wheels. As long as there isn't extensive damage or bends in the wheels, you should be good to go. Also if you sell them with good condition tires, thats a plus and will sell even faster.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:29 PM
adrianp
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by need4speed
You wouldn't have a problem at all selling those 19" stock wheels. As long as there isn't extensive damage or bends in the wheels, you should be good to go. Also if you sell them with good condition tires, thats a plus and will sell even faster.
Thanks, I was actually able to find the car that I wanted and it came with the 18" polished wheels. Pretty much got the car exactly how I wanted with the addition of the rear video camera. Had to drive 3 hours, but hey, beats the next option which was 6 hours away!
Old 02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Vivid Racing
Former Sponsor

Even better! Sounds like you lucked out.

Quick Reply: Wheels dilema