Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Gears question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:41 PM
D BERRY
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Did you get your tune updated for the 3.73s? If not, the MPH will be off, so will the shifting.
I got my tune after I got my gears, you know how you fill out the form, and my speedo is still off by 5 MPH. They were installed by a Ford mechanic who brought home a tool to reset the speedo but couldn't get it right because the tool didn't list 3.55 gears. I haven't gotten in touch with you guys about it because the tune improved the performance a ton and am afraid to let you fool with it now. Oh yes the mechanic also said they are what they are so go ahead and run them however you want.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by D BERRY
I got my tune after I got my gears, you know how you fill out the form, and my speedo is still off by 5 MPH. They were installed by a Ford mechanic who brought home a tool to reset the speedo but couldn't get it right because the tool didn't list 3.55 gears. I haven't gotten in touch with you guys about it because the tune improved the performance a ton and am afraid to let you fool with it now. Oh yes the mechanic also said they are what they are so go ahead and run them however you want.
Letting Bama "fool" with your tunes can only result in a better running car and more pleasure for you. Treat new gears well for a couple hundred miles. It will pay off in the long run.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:42 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by D BERRY
The reason the tune improved the performance is because we wrote it, LOL. By sending it back to us we're not going to undo anything we already did? Haha.

Give Bama a call Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and just tell them it's 5mph off. They'll check the gear ratio and take your rear tire size and check the tire RPMs that are in the tune as well to make sure the speedometer is correct. They'll get it squared away. 888.226.9764.

I promise we won't take away the performance we gave you!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Grungie
1st Gear Member

I purchased 3.73 gears for my 11 V6 about 2 months ago. I babied them for about 500 miles and never got the gear oil changed. My shifts are also EXTREMELY rough from 1st-2nd and downshifting from 2nd-1st. I really hope AM/BAMA can fix this. I sent them an e-mail last night begging for help. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:03 PM
unclerodg

How many tenths would a change like going from 2.73s to 3.55s lower your 1/4 ET? My guess is .5 .
Old 03-12-2011, 07:29 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

I don't know that answer....but I see you are in jersy....you might want to invest in a 6 blade propeller with the flooding you got going on up there!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:43 PM
unclerodg

Holy Cow, Just went outside the Stangs submerged!! Oh well, I'll save some money on the tune and CAI I was going to buy!!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:50 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by unclerodg
Holy Cow, Just went outside the Stangs submerged!! Oh well, I'll save some money on the tune and CAI I was going to buy!!
I'm thinkin.....it's not submerged....now i can't say that for my wifes family......they are in japan!
Old 03-12-2011, 08:27 PM
unclerodg

Yeah you're right 6+6, Pony is fine. Had to throw that out after your 6 blade propeller suggestion. There is alot of flooding here in NJ. I can't believe the awesome destruction in Japan and my prayers go out to your in-laws.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:02 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

thanks man....in NC.. OMG..68 today, low humidity,...not a cloud..

Quick Reply: Gears question