Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

BAMA 93R Hybrid tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 01:21 PM
WIDEtotheNER

Default BAMA 93R Hybrid tune

Read this on another forum, anyone know about the "hybrid"?
Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WIDEtotheNER
Read this on another forum, anyone know about the "hybrid"?
No, but I took a stab at it and refered to it on my request this morning to AM/Bama for a new tune. Hopefully they know what in the heck I was talking about. :-) I mentioned if they were unsure, "ask Chris" :-)
Old 04-15-2011, 07:15 AM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sketchy00
No, but I took a stab at it and refered to it on my request this morning to AM/Bama for a new tune. Hopefully they know what in the heck I was talking about. :-) I mentioned if they were unsure, "ask Chris" :-)
well I read, forget where, need to look it up, that Chris was actually working on a 93R Hybrid tune which basically combines the high end punch of the R tune with the low RPM torque of the S tune. I believe it was on this forum too as I do remember saying it sounded Delicious. I still stand by that statement.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

Here:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-tomorrow.html
Old 04-15-2011, 10:58 AM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Upsh1ft
well I read, forget where, need to look it up, that Chris was actually working on a 93R Hybrid tune which basically combines the high end punch of the R tune with the low RPM torque of the S tune. I believe it was on this forum too as I do remember saying it sounded Delicious. I still stand by that statement.
I appreciated the question on the other forum that refered to Chris' previous statement about the new work they were doing on a tune, but on the most recent statement said that there would be no new tune under that sort of name. So if I think I'm following Chris correctly, that perhaps the work they are doing is for the Race tune (giving it the low end punch of the street tune, which by the way, is the reason its my favorite). I don't care what they call it. Just let us know what it is, and when it's available.

It would be great if AM/Bama mentioned updates to their tunes via twitter, or an RSS feed. Might help avoid confusion for some of us customers.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:25 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I agree completely. Just post something to twitter to let people know. You don't need to say much, just "We just updated tunes for 2011+ v6 mustang" along with the link to order them. They could have a webpage that lists the changes. I don't think that is too hard to do. They obviously have people who update their website, so just include it on the tuner page. I think it would also work for advertising and reaching more potential customers and influence more people to buy who might not have before. Plus, since you can comment on tweets it could generate positive buzz since their tunes are so well regarded.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:43 AM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
I agree completely. Just post something to twitter to let people know. You don't need to say much, just "We just updated tunes for 2011+ v6 mustang" along with the link to order them. They could have a webpage that lists the changes. I don't think that is too hard to do. They obviously have people who update their website, so just include it on the tuner page. I think it would also work for advertising and reaching more potential customers and influence more people to buy who might not have before. Plus, since you can comment on tweets it could generate positive buzz since their tunes are so well regarded.
I COMPLETELY agree! ...Huge opportunity for them to generate even more buzz that is already around, but burried deep in these forums. Both RSS and tweets would be easy. With the former being such a great way for people to post back stuff like, "oh man, this new tune is amazing!..." blah blah blah.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:53 AM
WIDEtotheNER

So this mystery tune is just the updated 93R? Whatever it is, I'll take it. Running the 93P right now and loving it. Much tighter feel than the S tune, imo.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:03 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

So this mystery tune is just the updated 93R? Whatever it is, I'll take it. Running the 93P right now and loving it. Much tighter feel than the S tune, imo.
A rep told me that, but Chris has never confirmed it for me.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:17 PM
sketchy00
2nd Gear Member

You gotta love the science of the human condition... I guess that is why they make multiple tunes. ...My take was completely the opposite. The street tune felt, drove, and sounded so much better on my car. Tried like heck to like the Perf tune, but when I went back to the Street tune, it was like this giant sigh of relief. Weird, huh.

Anyway, would love to try the new unnamed thing Chris from AM had refered to working on with the Red V6 in other posts...

Quick Reply: BAMA 93R Hybrid tune