Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2013 Hesitation/Stumble in middle of RPM

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 08:41 AM
jeremy813
1st Gear Member

Default 2013 Hesitation/Stumble in middle of RPM

Only happens once every few weeks, but for no reason I will be accelerating and lose all power for a split second. Happened on the stock tune and the Bama tune.

Just did a quick search and Nuke mentioned it could be the TCS. Does anyone drive daily without the TCS? Just turn it off every time you get in the car?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:05 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jeremy813
Only happens once every few weeks, but for no reason I will be accelerating and lose all power for a split second. Happened on the stock tune and the Bama tune.

Just did a quick search and Nuke mentioned it could be the TCS. Does anyone drive daily without the TCS? Just turn it off every time you get in the car?
There's a chance it could be the TCS, but it's unlikely. However, you can disable it every time you run the car and you'll just have to be careful in poor weather.

Have you tried cleaning your MAF sensor? Sometimes if you MAF sensor is dirty or gets too much turbulence, the signal will be thrown off. It can actually cause large spikes of timing to be pulled, which would be the loss of power. Since you only feel this once every few weeks, the MAF could be mildly out of whack.

Just a suggestion that you mies well try since it can only help your Mustang, plus it's a variable that you can eliminate if it doesn't work.

Hope this helps!

Shane
Old 11-20-2012, 01:18 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

If its TCS you'll see a flashing yellow indicator light on the dash. This tells you the TCS is engaging to limit wheel slipping. Is that light blinking when it happens? If it's not, it could be something else. You'd have to data log to hope and catch it when it happens then see what the data log tells you.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:00 PM
jeremy813
1st Gear Member

I've never seen a light come on. And this doesn't appear to be happening during a "traction event" as they would say. It's on a long pull at full throttle or almost full throttle.

I'll try to duplicate the issue. It happens so infrequently though it's going to be hard. It is pretty severe though. In the wrong conditions it could definitely be dangerous.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 PM
jdilla42
1st Gear Member

Mine is a 2013 bone stock, base package, and I'm having the exact same issue. The only difference with mine is that it happens all of the time. Any time I'm accelerating heavily, I get a momentary RPM loss as I approach 3000 RPM. After that it pulls like a beast, but it has happened while accelerating to get on the expressway which was a major pucker moment to say the least. Anyone else having this issue? The dealer gave me the ol "that's how it's supposed to shift" garbage.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:20 PM
jeremy813
1st Gear Member

I played with mine today and I was able to duplicate it in 3rd gear around the same rpm you said somewhere around 3-3.5k rpm using about 25% constant throttle. I did it like 3 times in a row and then I wasn't able to do it again due to traffic.

Since I have a tuner I will do some data logging soon.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM
jeremy813
1st Gear Member

Maybe it's only 3rd gear? Found this...
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-3rd-gear.html

I am running the Bama street tune. I am going to try to duplicate it a few more times and then switch back to the Race tune. See what happens.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM
fredcrideout

Default Still having the power loss during accelaration?

Originally Posted by jeremy813

I have the same problem during shifting from first to third when hitting the gas a tad hard. Dealer found that #6 cyclinder was missing more then the allowable limit. Changed the Coil, Wires & plug; didn't fix the problem.
I've gotten 16,000 and the problem is still their, even Bana couldn't fix the problem totally?

How's your problem going.

Fred
Old 12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
jeremy813
1st Gear Member

I put the Race tune back on and I really haven't noticed it lately. Seems like there are some power dips in the rev range, but nothing as dramatic as I experienced previously.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:05 PM
prorider17

I seem to have two spots of hesitation in my powerband when I get on it. One at 4,500rpm and the other at 5,500rpm. My guess is it could be cured with a tune.. Is there a drastic change in drivability after a tune?

Quick Reply: 2013 Hesitation/Stumble in middle of RPM