Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

What to do, what to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 02:17 PM
tchs22
1st Gear Member

Default What to do, what to do

So Christmas is quickly approaching. I am looking for what to get afterwards. I have my choices narrowed down to BBK shorty headers (due to fact ill upgrade to turbo later down the road) or Airraid CAI. I don't have much time off so I am leaning more towards headers. Seeing as I will have New Years eve and day off to install. CAI shouldnt take more than half hour. Weigh in guys! I already have flowmaster axlebacks.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:59 PM
semantic
1st Gear Member

they say the passenger side header is kind of a beast to get rigged up, so if you have a whole day to play, I'd say tackle that one
Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 AM
J7erry
1st Gear Member

I'd try the CAI. I got the Roush (same as raid) ad I love the sound now with the stock mufflers.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:01 AM
tchs22
1st Gear Member

Figured I;d update ya with my decision. I decided to go with BBK shorty headers. I started on Friday night thinking that it would take me a while to get it all done. Surprisngly, in 2 1/2 hours, I was done. Now I did it on the ground. No lift whatsoever. It was a fairly easy install. It did add some noise to my car and I think it sounds great! I wouldn't trade it for anything at this point. I did add a BAMA tune to it as well. And I love the street tune. The torque with those 3.73 I installed earlier in the year work great together. If you have any questions about the instal,l, I would be glad to help anyone out.

Also, as far as the CAI goes, I think I am gonna go with JLT. Anyone have anything to say about em?
Old 01-03-2014, 02:47 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

I have nothing bad to say about the other brands but for my money I went with Steeda CAI, it is really nice, well made (in the USA) package. It costs more but the components are high quality and I think it lets you get a more out of the CAI upgrade.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM
tchs22
1st Gear Member

Yeah I saw Steeda's CAI. really nice and they make quality stuff IMO. I'm just doing some research before I actually make the buy.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:36 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I have the Airaid CAI, which is the company that makes the Roush CAI's. In a nutshell, the Airaid CAI is the same as the Roush, without the Roush name and Roush price.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:05 AM
tchs22
1st Gear Member

Yeah I had been looking at them. So the Roush name is worth $50 or so more? haha. I bet there is more to it than just the name tho. I've got it between JLT and Airraid honestly. I'll just keep looking. Besides don't have the cash to do it at the moment.

For those who have had headers installed and a Bama tune, have you seen your MPGs drop? mine has gone from 28 to 24-25. I guess you gotta pay to play huh? haha
Old 01-11-2014, 10:24 AM
13V6coupe
I drive a V6 because I'm a giant wimp

Perhaps your foot got heavier after the install. Listening to the exhuast note and all??

Check again after a couple weeks and perhaps you will find something closer to what you had
Old 01-13-2014, 11:35 AM
tchs22
1st Gear Member

Haha that is a good point. I am thinking the computer is gonna take a couple of weeks to get back to my old fuel mileage. Or there close to. But I can't help it. I love the sound it makes