Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Recommended 3.7 V6 Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Vic14

PandaSmuggler how is the Steeda tune working for you? Do you like it?
Old 11-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

I'm wondering the same thing, I'll be ordering soon
Old 11-09-2014, 10:03 PM
PandaSmuggler
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vic14
PandaSmuggler how is the Steeda tune working for you? Do you like it?
Definitely an awesome tune, it has truly woken up this engine!
Old 11-10-2014, 05:54 AM
eastexsteve

Default No vodoo here

The thing about tunes is this: There are only so many parameters that can be changed. All PCM/computers on a given model car are identical. Manufactured engine tolerances are so close now, that all engines within a given mileage age with the same mods are going to be literally perform identically on the same fuel. The only thing that will affect performance is atmospheric conditions and elevation. The cars' system (MAF, temp sensor, etc) is supposed to allow for all this anyway. There's no vodoo in any of this stuff. If you were to look at the data for all these performance tunes between different vendors, I bet you would find that many of them are identical or nearly identical. There is only so much you can do to push performance out of an engine by computer tuning. Things like fuel quality and consistency, clean throttle bodies and intakes, clean air filters, clean injectors, good fuel pressure, good spark plugs, clean catalyst converters, etc affect a tune more than anything.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:12 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

just wondering everybody, Has enyone done a tune with stock air box and or exhaust, and if you did what were your results
Old 11-12-2014, 09:14 AM
eastexsteve

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
just wondering everybody, Has enyone done a tune with stock air box and or exhaust, and if you did what were your results
Mine is stock other than the tune. I'm running the Bama 93 octane race tune. It's a night and day difference.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eastexsteve
Mine is stock other than the tune. I'm running the Bama 93 octane race tune. It's a night and day difference.
thx, anybody else?
Old 11-12-2014, 09:28 PM
PandaSmuggler
1st Gear Member

Sorry, I meant to write a longer response but when I went to post it logged me out and deleted my reply. I have definitely noticed a difference. The engine has a much better response in the low-to-mid range where I felt that it needed it the most. The car feels much more "alive". Granted, the difference isn't as high as maybe a turbo engine tune but it's definitely the best NA tune I've had. (I had a tune for a 3.8 Genesis Coupe and the tune was barely noticeable). The intake is surprising louder than I expected, it almost sounds like a turbo spooling (okay, not -that- loud, but still...) Honestly the installation of the intake required a bit more assembling of hardware than I'm used to. I agree that most canned tunes aren't going to have some "special sauce" that makes them better. I'd recommend getting a tune as your first mod, regardless of vendor.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:58 AM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PandaSmuggler
Sorry, I meant to write a longer response but when I went to post it logged me out and deleted my reply. I have definitely noticed a difference. The engine has a much better response in the low-to-mid range where I felt that it needed it the most. The car feels much more "alive". Granted, the difference isn't as high as maybe a turbo engine tune but it's definitely the best NA tune I've had. (I had a tune for a 3.8 Genesis Coupe and the tune was barely noticeable). The intake is surprising louder than I expected, it almost sounds like a turbo spooling (okay, not -that- loud, but still...) Honestly the installation of the intake required a bit more assembling of hardware than I'm used to. I agree that most canned tunes aren't going to have some "special sauce" that makes them better. I'd recommend getting a tune as your first mod, regardless of vendor.
my first mod was a Magnaflo street series catback, I have a CAI, installed it and took it back off, so I'm just waiting to get my tune, are you running a stock airbox?
Old 11-13-2014, 07:47 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

I have a 14 coupe and my wife has a 14 convertible. She liked my Bama tune so much she got herself a tuner just to wake up the engine and to get better gas mileage.

I'm using a 91 octane Hybrid tune and she is using the 87 octane performance tune.

Quick Reply: Recommended 3.7 V6 Tune?