Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger V6

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 07:53 PM
stangnooby

Default Supercharger V6

I'm considering purchasing a 2014 Mustang V6 w/ tech package. I love the look both inside and out.

My questions are very noob so I apologize ahead of time.

I've done a lot of reading and watching videos of supercharging the 3.7 to gain more hp than a GT. Without starting a v6 vs v8 battle, what is a good supercharger kit and can any garage install it or does it need to be a specialized type of mechanic?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 PM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

Most garages can install it, but I would take it to a shop that specializes in aftermarket mods...a full bolt on 3.7 can beat a GT..I've beaten 3 of them thus far at the track and a v8 camaro...supercharger would make it crazy good.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:38 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

if you purchase a kit and have some mechanical skill its fairly easy to do the install yourself, should take no more than a weekend.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:14 AM
David Young
2nd Gear Member

I 'might' supercharge mine in the near future, maybe......

Procharger is the one I'm going with. You can go to their web site and it will list 'authorized dealers' who are approved by Procharger to sell and install their superchargers. I found one just a few miles from my house. 'If' I order a Procharger supercharger it will be from them. I'll make sure they can do a custom 'dyno tune' on the 3.7L Mustang v6 before I order one. I'll probably install it myself and have my Mustang towed over there for them to do the 'dyno tune'. If I even go with a supercharger
Old 09-13-2017, 05:34 PM
JimC

The only kit readily available is the Procharger.

It isn't something that you want just any shop to install. You want someone who knows what they are doing, preferably one that can tune it afterwards. Don't try to drive it without a tune - many people try that surprisingly, and then wonder why they have engine problems.

Watch the boost. The 3.7 is picky and going over about 8lbs can be risky.

Someone else was marketing a different kit, but it hasn't really been easy to find. It was a modified kit by a different manufacturer.