351 Mustang

here's a new one for ya'll

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Stumpjumper

Default here's a new one for ya'll

Well, I might be picking up a 1993 Mustang GT, but not sure. I'm getting a 351 for dirt cheap though. If ya'll had to pick any car and year to put the motor in, what would you drop it in? (My 35 ford truck is out of the question, the motor is too wide and long).
Old 05-13-2009, 09:39 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

i wouldnt even put a stock 351 in my back yard, nevermind a car.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Stumpjumper

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
i wouldnt even put a stock 351 in my back yard, nevermind a car.
Why bother to make a troll response to a honest question?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:25 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by Stumpjumper
Why bother to make a troll response to a honest question?
because I can?

unless properly built, a 351w is not going to make any more power than its 302 counterpart. A stock 351w makes the same power as the stock 5.0, as the heads are the greatest downfall. By the time you are done buying a 5.8l compatible intake, swap headers, swap oil pan, and a new hood... you could have put a GT-40 h/c/i on a 5.0 and be making close to 300hp.

so answer this.

300hp engine that looks, sounds, and weighs the same as stock?
or a 180hp boat anchor, that weighs a good 100lbs more, and requires almost $1000 worth of parts to install, for stock performance?
Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Stumpjumper

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
because I can?

unless properly built, a 351w is not going to make any more power than its 302 counterpart. A stock 351w makes the same power as the stock 5.0, as the heads are the greatest downfall. By the time you are done buying a 5.8l compatible intake, swap headers, swap oil pan, and a new hood... you could have put a GT-40 h/c/i on a 5.0 and be making close to 300hp.

so answer this.

300hp engine that looks, sounds, and weighs the same as stock?
or a 180hp boat anchor, that weighs a good 100lbs more, and requires almost $1000 worth of parts to install, for stock performance?
you make a lot of horrible assumptions...how do you know what I plan to do with the block, etc? In fact, what does the engine selection have to do with my original post? Not only were you a troll, you're a horrible one.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:25 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

simply stating that alot can be done for little amounts of money. Perhaps you should post your actual goals before asking peoples opinions, then caling them a troll for their assistance
Old 05-15-2009, 01:43 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Originally Posted by Stumpjumper
you make a lot of horrible assumptions...how do you know what I plan to do with the block, etc? In fact, what does the engine selection have to do with my original post? Not only were you a troll, you're a horrible one.
The fact that you said you were picking up the 93 GT then right after said you were getting a 351 that was dirt cheap. One word of advice, watch what you say or your future posts will get picked apart and you will start hating us. Adder is an *******, get over it lol.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 PM
JD5.0stang
1st Gear Member

ok, obviously this guy is not looking to be insanely fast. We all know that the 351 is not better then the 302. but he may be only looking to build a budget car or truck that would fun to drive and maybe cheaper to build. My advice is to not put that motor into a mustang unless you really want a mustang. If thats the case just keep the 302 like they said. You would have do so much work including beafing up the suspension from that extra 100lbs. If i had a 351 motor and just wanted a fun vehicle for taking to the local car show, i would shove that thing into and old f100 ford truck. Now thats cool and would be very different. putting that big heavy motor into a mustang is dumb. too heavy, no power and lots of unneeded work. good luck.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:01 AM
stowe44

[QUOTE=AdderMk2;6202184] By the time you are done buying a 5.8l compatible intake, swap headers, swap oil pan, and a new hood... you could have put a GT-40 h/c/i on a 5.0 and be making close to 300hp. QUOTE]

Sorry to get into the fight here, but you also asked He MIGHT get a 93 GT and also asked what would be some suggestions of other vehicles he could put the 351 in, so why get at him for possibly putting it in a mustang? There is plenty of other vehicles you can put it in without buying all the swap parts.. cool down a bit he asked a logical question because he wanted other opinions or just simply didn't know. I'm in the same boat ( in here to learn) if you don't have nothing better to do then trash talk new guys you shouldn't be in here. Leave the questions for the more respectable, knowledgable guys in here.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:45 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Well next time look at the date on the post and stop digging up old news.

But welcome to the forums and I hope you learn alot.