Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Throttle Body Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Spanky1985

Default Throttle Body Spacers

Does anyone know what is the better buy as far as throttle body spacers go?
I am looking at a Helix one and the Motorvater. Are there better ones to go with? I wanna do some small performance increases that don't ruin my factory warranty for now. Any other suggestions would be cool too.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:58 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Throttle Body Spacers

you gotta do a search now there are many threads that have to do this the same exact topic
to answer your questio the spacer does absolutly nothing and you should not waste your moeny
save it for a cai and a tuner
Old 08-29-2006, 07:59 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spanky1985

Does anyone know what is the better buy as far as throttle body spacers go?
I am looking at a Helix one and the Motorvater. Are there better ones to go with? I wanna do some small performance increases that don't ruin my factory warranty for now. Any other suggestions would be cool too.
OH NO!!! NOT ANOTHER TBS THREAD!!!! ARRRRRGGGGH!!!

Save your money and don't buy one!!! And please learn to you the search feature... we've beat this subject to death in the last week!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:05 PM
enorym
2nd Gear Member

I can agree...go buy one and try it. Tell us what you think. Only way to do it. Dont belive anyone...not me not them Just try it. They are only $100 bux.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:12 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Everything out there says there is no HP gain nor TQ. $100 is not a drop in the bucket to just throw away. Find someone with one to see for yourself.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:31 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

AAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA SCRMING YOU CRACK ME UP MAN

enorym and rmays06 you guys really gotta stop beafin its not cool
Old 08-29-2006, 09:54 PM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

I have a helix TB spacer, there isnt much gain, although it does seem to have shifted my power band. With NO TSB, just stock... my power kicks in from about 3000rpm and lasts till redline pretty much. The Helix TBS shifts that downward, it now kicks in at around 2000-2500 and at about 5000, it flattens out and stays the same. None of this is Dyno verified, its is just my observation while driving. Other than shifting the powerband, it makes my exhaust note sound a little more.... masculine I guess....lol A little more growly. It takes the GT takeoff sound and makes it deeper and more growly. If you are looking for more go for your money, a TSB is a waste, but for novelty sake, i.e. sound, and for the hell of it, its worth it to me. No different than someone burning some hard cold cash on stickers, or billet interior parts, no gain in HP, just fun. I like my TSB, but it depends on what your looking for, just having fun modding it, or SERIOUS racing. and Enorym..... I think your cool and all, but the black guy thats says "wooo woooo" is SOOOO annoying. At the Jail I work at, there is a total PIA black inmate that bit%es over even the smallest things like the color of his medication being blue and not green like he likes it, and he gets not just mad, but VIOLENT about it.... his name is Roger Tucker... and he looks just like your WOOO WOOO guy there....... horrible!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fitbikeco

AAAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA SCRMING YOU CRACK ME UP MAN

enorym and rmays06 you guys really gotta stop beafin its not cool
They weren't, but you are giving them the idea to lol.

To answer the original question, well I don't know if it adds power or not but I know this, 99 percent here says no don't waste your money and 1% says go waste your money. If I'll win the lotto tonight then I'll test it out for you, thats a promise! So get on your knees and pray that I'll hit the jackpot $70,000,000.00!

Off the topic, if you guys win the lotto, will you beaf up your sixer or get an 8, or get a totally different car?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:01 PM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

If I won that much money Id get a Saleen S7 or a Ford Gt. But Id keep my sixxer, id buy all the things in your wish list from SSM and stroke my 4.0 to 4.3, and beef up the internals and girdle the main caps. THEN Id boost the **** out of it with a Procharger, maybe 15 PSI or 20....lol 8.8 rear end, 3.73. gears, make maybe 4-500 RWHP and go to the track do pink slip races and make multiple grown men cry as if their mom just died, because a sixxer just burned theor a$$ and took ownership of their ride....lol

Maybe its best i DONT win all the money
Old 08-29-2006, 10:31 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

No beef I didn't even mention him or since the race thread. He's cool I know where he stands.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacers