Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

X-charger

Old 10-05-2006, 03:31 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Default X-charger

That thing cost $4000 for our V6s right? from what I see it gains about 70HP now for that amount of $$ wouldint a turbo be alot better??? also does an x- charger need to be intercooled, I see pictures of it on with a stock air box so will a CAI work with it?? seems kind of alot of $$$ for one when there are other blowers out there gaining alot more power for the same price
Old 10-05-2006, 04:17 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: X-charger

An x-charger comes on early and gives you an assload of torque down low. It's the route I'd be going if I had cash to spend. A turbo or centrifugal blower will give you more power on paper/dyno, but it comes on later, so while it's great at the track, for shove-u-in-the-seat acceleration from a stoplight, and just pure fun booting around town, I'd take the x-charger.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:55 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Yeah but it seems an x-charger just gives a little lower numbers as a stock GT....
Old 10-05-2006, 05:25 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

all i now it i beat my friend at irwindale months ago he has a 05 gt stick . oh did i mention he has a saleen supercharger. he mised second gear . alot has to happen to get from here to there . i beat stock gts all the time the quick power is the key to the X
Old 10-05-2006, 05:49 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, Im sort of looking into it, just kind of seems like alot when there are blowers that get more for the same $$$, maybe the price will come down though, also can a CAI work with an X-charger, on your pics looks like you got the stock ait box but the rubber pipe is moved, that wont do with a C&L.....
Old 10-05-2006, 08:25 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

xcharger seems like a really good street blower and seems good at the track too. While the other blowers have higher gain si think the x charger would give a better60' and make up for some of the less power in the beggining. I dont think the xcharger would be all too much slower than a vortech if you were to take an all stock v6 and use each of the blowers.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:38 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DragonPL

Yeah, Im sort of looking into it, just kind of seems like alot when there are blowers that get more for the same $$$, maybe the price will come down though, also can a CAI work with an X-charger, on your pics looks like you got the stock ait box but the rubber pipe is moved, that wont do with a C&L.....
install will be much cheaper if you get it installed than any other power adder besides nitrous. you can install it yourself fairly easily too which is good. the hi-po kit seems to put out a good deal over 300 at the crank which is not bad at all, and even the cali kit will give you same if not better times than a gt. it will have better response than any of the other blowers/turbos and first and second gear will be monstrous in comparison.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

The Turbo's on the V8's are spooled before 3k rpm, but thats just me.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

yea they should spool at no later than 2800(this is my experience with any turbo car ive had or driven but never have had a turbo stang) unless its realllllly big turbo
Old 10-06-2006, 06:51 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2006RedGT

The Turbo's on the V8's are spooled before 3k rpm, but thats just me.
yes, but you don't build boost as fast still. not instant response like with a roots. see with a turbo boost kinda builds like this

0...0..0....1...3...8 max boost until redline

with a roots blower-

1...2...3..4..5..6..7..8 until redline. it's not as efficient as a turbo either, but it makes mad low-end torque and you literally have instant response.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: X-charger