Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

JBA Headers are installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Default JBA Headers are installed

So I got the jba shorty headers on my stang and it did change the sound a little, to a thickerwarmer rich sound. It feels a little bit stronger, but I think I should get it dyno to see if its running lean and to see if any new gains. Question to anyone that has jba shorty. Did anyone do a dyno before and after to see any gain or if the car is running lean or rich?
Old 06-03-2007, 11:09 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: JBA Headers are installed

Oh! One more thing. When I put the windows up and turn the radio off, the car sounds like a nuclear-submarine or jetplane, taking off. I guess thats the road noise from the steeda uca/lca working and the air/vacuum sounds from the headers making the engine and exhaust breath better. Cool Sh**!
Old 06-07-2007, 01:36 AM
FBullitt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Denny Carlton

Oh! One more thing. When I put the windows up and turn the radio off, the car sounds like a nuclear-submarine or jetplane, taking off. I guess thats the road noise from the steeda uca/lca working and the air/vacuum sounds from the headers making the engine and exhaust breath better. Cool Sh**!
Denny, your signature shows you have a single exhaust. Are you running the headers with a single exhaust ???

I hope you can post the dyno results, I am really curious how much the headers help - especiallyif it is with the single exhaust.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:15 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Yes! I'm running a single flowmaster, but I will be going in for a dyno to see if there was any gain in the headers to my setup. And to see if everything is on key. (air/timing) I'm looking into a dual exhaust right now. The flowmaster is nice, but a little to loud for me (sometimes) I'm looking at Street Pro pypesss catback w/x pipe or the same setup w/gt take off mufflers. I think the Pypes are going to be to loud for my taste. ps: I'll keep you updated. Denny
Old 07-04-2007, 04:33 PM
FBullitt
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Denny Carlton

Yes! I'm running a single flowmaster, but I will be going in for a dyno to see if there was any gain in the headers to my setup. And to see if everything is on key. (air/timing) I'm looking into a dual exhaust right now. The flowmaster is nice, but a little to loud for me (sometimes) I'm looking at Street Pro pypesss catback w/x pipe or the same setup w/gt take off mufflers. I think the Pypes are going to be to loud for my taste. ps: I'll keep you updated. Denny
Did you ever get the dyno done ??? If so I would appreciate the results on any gains as well as the air/fuel ratio etc.

Thanks
Old 07-05-2007, 02:29 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

This weekend 07/07/07 I was going to get the car dyno, with the headers and ucl/lca to see if any new gains. But I'm going to hold off on that. I'm trying to go F/I and I need all the money I can save up.

I'm right now selling some old guitars and basses that I don't need any more.

If you know anyone that would like a nice bass guitar, I have a mint Musicman Stringray 4 string for sale, $1200.00

I'll be putting this bass on eBay by 07/15/07
Thanks,
Denny
Old 07-05-2007, 03:03 AM
ismellhonda
2nd Gear Member

is the sound improvement alone worth the money? i could care less about a few horsepower, but a sweet exhaust note is music to my ears lol.....when i got my duals i didnt listen to the radio for a good week and a half
Old 07-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

I had the Borla exhaust on my V6 with stock headers and got rid of the muffler due to the drone.
I then got the right side from a Ford Racing GTA / GT 500 setup. Sounds great.
Few weeks after that I installed the JBA shorties. I did not get much of a sound difference. It sounds a tad bit deeper, but not worth it. If getting for sound I think you will be dissapointed.
I got my headers on ebay for not too much - little deeper sound is nice and there is a small for for sure noticable difference in the lower end power wise.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:28 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

glad you are enjoying it man. it shouldnt cause you to run lean at all, so dont be worried
Old 07-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Thanks! I'll get a little more out of the JBA headers when I get F/I

Quick Reply: JBA Headers are installed