Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Shifter List

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

Default Shifter List

I don't mean to beat around the bush any more but I thought I would put together a list of all the shifters that are out there for the 05-08 V6 mustangs, with prices if possible. I will put the list here and keep it updated. So far there are the......

1. MGW shifter..........289.99
2. Hurst shifter..........179.99 on ebay
3. Pro 5.0.................259.99 on ebay (if I'm not misstaken, the GT one works for the v6...please correct
me if I am wrong)

Please post if you have any info on any of these and I will update it.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2008, 12:28 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shifter Questions

I thought that steeda didn't make any shifters that would work on the V6 so the tri-ax wouldn't work for us could be wrong about this though
Old 04-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

You are right, the email I got from suspension just verified that. I will change that, thanks for the correction.

Am I right about the pro 5.0 though, I am looking to pick up one of these and I am having a hard time choosing which one to go with?????????
Old 04-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

I got the hurst cuz its made for the t-5 in our 6er's

Its my fave mod thus far
Old 04-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

I have thought about the Hurst and may end up with that one in the end but I also like the stock shifter **** and that is why I am considering the other ones.

Not sure if this is correct, just spoke with mustangsunlimited but according to them, the gt shifters will fit the v6 as well. He said they mount the same way. Is this correct for the most part?????

If that is true, would the B&M shifter for the 05-08 GT fit ours??????
Old 04-05-2008, 01:40 PM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

the MGW shifter is the best by far. all around it is the best made and the throw reduction is awesome. the hurst is cheaply made, just my 2 cents
Old 04-05-2008, 01:57 PM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

I am with you on keeping the stock shifter I have not a big fan of the ball shifters like the idea of shortening the shift but just don't like the look just my opinion
Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 PM
zimba
1st Gear Member

i like the ball shifter look see
Old 04-05-2008, 08:37 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I've got the Hurst and love it. What makes you say it's cheaply made? Have you broken one? I've never heard of a failure with a Hurst, please enlighten me.
ORIGINAL: kdrshocker

the MGW shifter is the best by far. all around it is the best made and the throw reduction is awesome. the hurst is cheaply made, just my 2 cents
Old 04-06-2008, 10:33 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

OP nice idea! I've been in other threads about shifters and I like your idea of putting it all in one thread.

I would also like to hear why Hurst is so bad. I've heard that claim before that MGW is what dissatisfied Hurst people upgrade to. I would like to know what is wrong the Hurst because I've also heard just as many say they love their Hurst.

I wish there was a way to test them both out side by side. Any retailers listening??? idea for a car show maybe??? setup a both and have 2 cars with different mods on them so we can test the look and feel (better yet the feel) of the different ones out??? Central Ohio??? Anyone? Anyone?

Quick Reply: Shifter List