Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

X-Charger Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Funk Daddy

Default X-Charger Help

Need some help passing NC State Inspection. Since installing the X-Charger (Cali version) I have failed the state inspection 3 times. The error messages are "not completed" for the Catalyst, O2 sensor heater, EGR system and O2 sensor. The car runs great and no CEL or any obvious leaks. I put 500 miles onthe car since the installation.I now think I am beyond a drive cycle issue. I called Dave who then said to get ahold of Doug. Waiting for his reply / instructions. Has anyone out there had this problem? If any of my electrical connectoions were bad, shouldn't the car's CEL come on?

That for any advice or suggestions.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:31 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: X-Charger Help

Mine just took mine in for inspection here in utah this past week. She said the guy that inspected said there was some problem with some things not registering but he passed it because the emissions were okay. I've heard that some of the tuners will turn off some of the sensors (o2 sensors) in the tune, so I suspect that was my issue and may be yours as well. The best thing you can do is get in touch with Doug, if he provided your tunes, and see what he says.

On a side note - my wife said that the whole crew at the inspection place was gathered around to check out the supercharger. One of the employees there had a supercharged GT. They said this was the first supercharged 6 they had seen.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:18 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

hope this is ok with the mods but i posted this over on one of the other sites and here are some of the responses. looks like they all agree on the prob. hope it helps.

x fails in NC, brother needs help

[hr]

so i saw this on MF

any ideas? to help out this guy

Funk Daddy
titleAndStar(1,0,0,false,",")Newbie

Status: offline Need some help passing NC State Inspection. Since installing the X-Charger (Cali version) I have failed the state inspection 3 times. The error messages are "not completed" for the Catalyst, O2 sensor heater, EGR system and O2 sensor. The car runs great and no CEL or any obvious leaks. I put 500 miles on the car since the installation. I now think I am beyond a drive cycle issue. I called Dave who then said to get ahold of Doug. Waiting for his reply / instructions. Has anyone out there had this problem? If any of my electrical connectoions were bad, shouldn't the car's CEL come on?

That for any advice or suggestions.
[/align]

[/align][/align]

the rear 02 sensors are off... that would be my guess...
[/align]

[/align][/align]

Sounds like an excuse to dyno it may clear up any running rich issues as well as provide you with information on what the problem may be.

You had me worried I thought an x-charger just broke and I was doubting my plans to x charge my car
[/align]
Sounds like an O2 sensor or PCM issue...
[/align]

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
Old 06-15-2008, 06:02 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Sounds like the rear sensors are off... that will cause a "not ready" condition when the inspection computer reads the OBDII port. You were correct to contact Doug.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I'll be interested to hear how this sorts out. Mine is due for inspection this month (previous inspections haven't required an OBD-II emissions check, sine the car was almost new).
Old 06-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Funk Daddy

Thanks for all the input. It saved my sanity. I was going to rip the harnesses off and double check my connections. But based on all the information, I will try and sit tight until I hear from Doug. I'll post any instructions from Doug on this site.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:02 PM
cubican
1st Gear Member

I had same problem with my X O2, O2 het, EGR and cat all show not ready . your problem is with the tune. Call Doug and he will fix you up,ask him to give you a tune like the one for Pedro from Dallas. If you have any Q pm me.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:37 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Nice responses guys! Hope the OP gets it resolved...
Old 06-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cubican

I had same problem with my X O2, O2 het, EGR and cat all show not ready . your problem is with the tune. Call Doug and he will fix you up,ask him to give you a tune like the one for Pedro from Dallas. If you have any Q pm me.
Thanks for jumping in Pedro. I remembered you were having similar issues.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
cubican
1st Gear Member

Yes he is having same problems as me ,but Doug got me running fine ,the problem is that he got on it before the computer had a chance to sycle ,so it whent in a lock mode, to much temp in the intake. he needs a tune with the idems turned off .he will past with flying colors after the new tune..

Quick Reply: X-Charger Help