Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Does dual exhaust void the warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

Default Does dual exhaust void the warranty?

Alright so this is pretty weak I know, but I'm 18 and my parents still pay for my car so I can't do anything to 'potentially void my warranty'. I called up the dealership where I got it and nobody seemed to know if it would void the warranty. I have a single flowmaster american thunder on my car right now but it just doesn't seem right without duals. I know a lot of people have duals, did it void anyones warranty?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:34 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Does dual exhaust void the warranty?

Duals will void your Exhaust System only, and anything else FORD can PROVE your aftermarket parts did damage too.

For example, if you hang an aftermarket muffler on crooked, too close to your rear bumper and melt your rear bumper? FORD won't cover the muffler or bumper.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.....read up on it.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:05 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Ford sells a dual exhaust kit(M5230V6)just for the 2005+ V6 Mustang. If a Ford dealer installs it, it will be covered by the warranty. This is a great dual exhaust system.Looks and sounds real good! Plus dual don't usually void the warranty anyway.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:58 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Could void your exhaust warranty. Depends on dealer. What are the odds that you will need warranty work done on your exhaust? Pretty slim.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:03 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: musicheadt

Duals will void your Exhaust System only, and anything else FORD can PROVE your aftermarket parts did damage too.

For example, if you hang an aftermarket muffler on crooked, too close to your rear bumper and melt your rear bumper? FORD won't cover the muffler or bumper.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.....read up on it.

+1. Duals will not void your warrenty. If the duals wreck something (which won't ever happen unless they're installed completely wrong or something), the part that the duals wrecked won't be covered under warrenty (obviously), but the duals themselves will not void the warrenty on your car.

Any dealership/anyone else who tells you that installing duals will void the general warrenty on your car is wrong, plain and simple.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

Ok thanks guys, one other problem though. What about the gas line being right next to where the other pipe will go? That was another reason my parents are against it.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:29 PM
CapitalG
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bails

Ok thanks guys, one other problem though. What about the gas line being right next to where the other pipe will go? That was another reason my parents are against it.
get a muffler shop or midas to put it in and it shouldnt be a problem ,if you have problems due to installation its on them and they have to fix it . But duals dont void anything , remember Ford HAS TO PROVE THAT THE MOD CAUSED THE PROBLEM TO VOID IT.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:11 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

^^^That is what I meant.....Duals will void any aftermarket exhaust system you install. and anything Ford can PROVE it damages.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:35 PM
koontreeguy

who cares if it does anything to the warranty i got mine and didnt think twice and i cant believe its the same car. such a differance in every way the car runs
Old 08-21-2008, 10:54 AM
supracrowdis
1st Gear Member

it only void exhast warranty

Quick Reply: Does dual exhaust void the warranty?