Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Muffler Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Lyberator

Default Muffler Help

Hey guys I just got my 08 stang a few months ago and really want to improve the sound of the exhaust. I only have about $200 max to spend as I'm too busy paying for the car and college. The only thing that is done to the car as of now is a K&N air filter. What is the best sounding muffler (right pipe size for my car) I can get with my budget that includes all the hangers (I need it to use the factory mounts)? I don't know what else i can do in my budget that will get me the best sound (besides a different muffler) so any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:20 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Muffler Help

You are either going to have to raise your budget or lower your expectations a bit.

The best $50 you can spend is a GT takeoff...and just run one for now. The single GT takeoff will improve the sound quite a bit.

I bought both and was going to run the duals, but am running just the one for now and am pleased with the sound. There are other real mods that I will do before a superficial mod such as duals.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:54 PM
08V6stang

ORIGINAL: illin

You are either going to have to raise your budget or lower your expectations a bit.

The best $50 you can spend is a GT takeoff...and just run one for now. The single GT takeoff will improve the sound quite a bit.

I bought both and was going to run the duals, but am running just the one for now and am pleased with the sound. There are other real mods that I will do before a superficial mod such as duals.

maybe a dumb question but is a gt takeoff just the muffler from the gt? if so do you have to do anything to the bumper or can you just put it on? and does
Old 08-10-2008, 10:48 AM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Nope....just the muffler. Install takes 30 mins max.

Better sound..better flow...and cheap to boot!

I bought both, but may not ever go to duals as the sound is what I wanted, but is quiet enough for daily driving. MUCH better sound than the Singer sewing machine as stock.

You can get them on Ebay for less than $50 all the time...or here in the classifieds.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:43 PM
1badV6
2nd Gear Member

i got a set of GTA's i could sell ya but it will reach ur max and it will sound
better then a GT takeoff
Old 08-10-2008, 11:15 PM
08V6stang

I bought both, but may not ever go to duals as the sound is what I wanted, but is quiet enough for daily driving. MUCH better sound than the Singer sewing machine as stock.

You can get them on Ebay for less than $50 all the time...or here in the classifieds.

ok, thanks cause i saw a guy that lives near me that had it listed for $50 but that was for both of them.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:38 AM
08V6stang

hey, if you are only gonna use 1 will you be willing to sell the other one?