Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Bama CAI/tune availability

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 05:45 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Default Bama CAI/tune availability

I didn't really know what section to put this in, but it is about CAIs so here ya go...

I ordered a C&L CAI/tune from bama on 7/29. They accepted my payment and my order staus has been "Processing/Payment cleared" ever since. I have left a couple phone messages and sent a couple emails to them. They aren't returning anything.

There website says 7-10 buisness days from order to my door. They also clearly state that they may be out of stock on things, but no more than 15 days for that. The product still hasn't shipped according to their website.

Has anyone else been having similar issues with them? Or can anybody shed some light on the subject?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

There have been quite a few threads about Bama being slow to ship and to respond lately. Hopefully someone knows why and will chime in.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
longhorndude10

I have the same problem.

I ordered a CAI/tuner from them on 8/7 and my order still says "Processing/Payment cleared" too. I've tried emailing, but haven't gotten a response.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Mustangyoe
1st Gear Member

I had the same problem with Bama, I ordered my tunes and waited over 2 weeks and got no response. I disputed the paypal payment and got my money back in 1 day. Then I ordered from Brenspeed and got the tunes in less than 2 weeks. I will do all my part shopping from Brenspeed now, they are great.
Old 09-09-2009, 01:34 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Call Bama and ask them what's going on.
I think it's BS that Bama bills your credit card but doesn't ship your order.
Your money is now in Bama's bank account and your order hasn't shipped yet.
Bama should bill you the day your order ships. IMO.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Mustangyoe
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rls82959
Call Bama and ask them what's going on.
I think it's BS that Bama bills your credit card but doesn't ship your order.
Your money is now in Bama's bank account and your order hasn't shipped yet.
Bama should bill you the day your order ships. IMO.
They dont answer their phones, I tried calling for 3 days in a row and got nothing, and you cant leave a message
Old 09-09-2009, 03:30 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Bama's legit, don't know whats been going on with them lately though. Heopfully someone has answer's on what's going on.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the responses, sorry to say, but I am glad I am not the only one. I know bama is legit and that is why I went with them.

I'm just starting to get a little anxious about the fact that I've paid for it and wanna use it. I plan to get new tires in spring when I take her out of storage, so I wanna burn these ones off before I put her away.

Well, I'm gonna give them a little more time before I try to get my money back. If I hear anything I will let you guys know.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 PM
stoneblue
2nd Gear Member

Check out bama's web site!!
NOTICE:
Due to our enormous amount of recent orders and email traffic we are closing our phone lines until Friday to catch up on both orders and emails. We are truly very far behind because we are on the phones from the second we arrive until we leave. Please bear with us and email us if you have any questions that require our immediate attention. We are working on orders and hope to have everything caught up by this Friday, Sept 09, and will open our phone lines back up then.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Mustangyoe
1st Gear Member

I wouldnt wait over a month for something that they promise you to have in 2 weeks. If he is so busy then he should hire someone just to answer the phones. He might make good tunes but there are other companies that can do the same work in half the time.

Quick Reply: Bama CAI/tune availability