Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Starting engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:48 AM
djwah

Question Starting engine

In 2009 I've imported to The Netherlands a 2007 V6 Mustang autom.
About two weeks ago I was driving with my doughter and parked my car, pulled out the keys, but didn't lock the doors because my doughter stayed in the car.
I was talking to someone nearbye the car when suddenly the engine started, and I had the keys in my hand. When I asked my doughter what she touched in the car, she answered, only the power door locks.
Later I learned that there is an option "starting the engine bij remote control" to warm up the engine, and that the automatic transmission is locked in the park position.
What I can't find in the owners guide is the way how to activate this option with the remote entry system.
Who can help me with this item ?

Yours sincerely
Dick
Alkmaar
Holland
Old 05-17-2010, 08:54 AM
antipeterleague
3rd Gear Member

never heard of this
Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 AM
The_Enforcer
1st Gear Member

remote start is usually something that you buy aftermarket. can you post a pic of your remote, if its the normal mustang remote then you dont have remote start. and if you dont have remote start, that is some strange s***!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:09 PM
djwah

The remote is a normal one, but perhaps it is possible that the remote start will be activated bij a code ( for instance: pressing unlock for 2 sec and press lock for 2 sec ).

I bought the car in California and perhaps the former owner installed the remote start option afterwards and I did't receive the right key or remote, and therefore starting of the engine is only possible by pushing the power doorlock by a specific code.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by djwah
The remote is a normal one, but perhaps it is possible that the remote start will be activated bij a code ( for instance: pressing unlock for 2 sec and press lock for 2 sec ).

I bought the car in California and perhaps the former owner installed the remote start option afterwards and I did't receive the right key or remote, and therefore starting of the engine is only possible by pushing the power doorlock by a specific code.
I've never heard of this either. Usually, if you have a remote start installed in your car you use a remote like these:

http://eelamone.com/images/remote_st...e_away_lrg.jpg

and not your stock remote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I also have never heard of this. I'm sure that if it was possible that it would have been all over the forum long before now. Are you sure you don't have the water leak issue? Check the TSB's in the 2005-2010 main forum in the stickies.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:54 PM
djwah

I have checked the TSB's. No water leak. My car is stalled in the garage and at the time this happened there was no rain.

Are there any items to be installed for a remote start control nereby the ignition, or is this an update of the computer on board ?
Old 05-17-2010, 02:15 PM
djwah

OK..
I have checked my car on this item.

It can only be done on the power door lock of the passengers side.

No key in the ignition.

When you first press lock and then unlock, twice, the engine starts and is processing for one minute.
The automatic transmission is locked in Park position.

You can stop running the engine any time by pressing the brake pedal.

I've done this several times this evening ( here in Holland it is 09.00 PM )

I don't know if this is a standard procedure of the Ford Motor company.

Dick
Old 05-17-2010, 03:26 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

It is not standard procedure, but it does sound like either a short circuit of some kind, or the previous owner installed some weird wiring to the passenger door lock... not sure why they would do that.

Is there some sort of mobile audio shop you could take it to and have them check if there is a remote start installed? There will be other components somewhere else on the car if it iis installed.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:31 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

this is seriously the weirdest thing ive ever heard lol
i definitely want to know what the solution to this is

Quick Reply: Starting engine