Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

P2135 Error code! Throttle position sensor!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Cool P2135 Error code! Throttle position sensor!

To all you people that had a throttle position sensor P2135 code! What did you do to fix this problem?

Thank you for you help!

D!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Denny Carlton
To all you people that had a throttle position sensor P2135 code! What did you do to fix this problem?

Thank you for you help!

D!
Did you get the code after installing a tune?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:49 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I'm sure there is a way you can clean it, did you try just reseting the ecu by disconnecting the battery?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:09 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Answer for whitehorse10!

The tune was already in the car! This has been going on for about three weeks, off and on! I could sometimes stop at a red light and the car shut off or I could be driving at a low speed and the same thing happens. I could restart the car again and drive the car like nothing happen! The engine light do come on when this happens, but when I restart the car, the engine light is out! I think it was on Friday that the wrench light came on. Dan from real speed told me to check the code with the SCT tuner when this happens. So I did, and got the P2135 code! Dan told me that it could be 1 of 3 problems! Pedal sensor, throttle position sensor and the third one, I can't remember what he said it could be........lol! I cleared the code and it happen to me again, yesterday! This bites..............

Answer for 2005redfire6!

I'll try the battery reset, today!

Thank you guys so much for the fast reply!
Old 08-22-2010, 03:34 PM
up_yours_7
3rd Gear Member

I just bought a brand new one from ford reseting it won't do much I was like $90 and has fixed the problem for 60k miles now
Old 08-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

I did the reset, battery off! No change! Now I got the P0152 O2 sensor, I cleared the code! Now I may have to do that dumb drive cycle again, no sure? I picked up a DMM Digital Multi-Meter....

Has anyone ever put a tester to the throttle sensor on their stang?

Hey Up_your_7! Do you know if ford gave you the standard TPS or motorcraft?

Thanks to all!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:59 PM
up_yours_7
3rd Gear Member

Not sure pretty sure it was motorcraft but I will check when I get off work tonight
Old 08-24-2010, 06:27 PM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

OK! If anyone wants to take their TPS off, you should just take the whole throttle body assembly off and see if you need to clean in there and its easier to get to the screws on the sensor.

I've tested the tp sensor with the mutli-meter and everything looks ok! My throttle body was all black inside of it, so I got my old toothbrush out with the cab and brake cleaner and did a total job on the TB.......! Nice and clean how! For you guys like me with a supercharger! Please check your throttle bodies! I've had my supercharger on my ride from 17,000 miles! Now I have 41,000 plus!

So, getting back to my quest! So I put the sensor and throttle back together and checked it again on the meter and all the numbers went up nice and smooth as I open the butterfly and the same when I closed the butterfly! I just went for an hour ride and no check lights and no cutting-off................so far! LOL! I'll see what happens down the road!
Thanks again!

Denny!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

This is the kind of thing that can happen when you start messing around with your tune Denny.

Maybe you should read this.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/downl...09_Article.pdf
Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Denny Carlton

Thank you for you help!

D!
lol I got this code when i first installed my Vortech , I WAS FREAKING OUT !!!! turns out that the throttle position sensor wasn't plugged all the way in !!!

Quick Reply: P2135 Error code! Throttle position sensor!