Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2008 GT500 KR Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:53 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Talking 2008 GT500 KR Mustang

Last night, on the way home, i had a encounter with a 2008 GT500 KR mustang, (540 hp stock, in case you dont know)

I was on the phone with my wife, when I noticed the KR blatantly trying to get me to race him for about 3 red lights (at the light, after the light and every where in between...)

Now, im in my 4.0 v6 right? im not stupid, plus its bumper to bumper traffic on the way home... anyway, he keeps passing me, then falling right back beside me... I end up getting off the phone with my wife, so i decided to play along for a bit.

I had just enough space to pull in front of him, so i did, turned my turn signal on and pulled in front of him. That did it! he was soooo pissed that he floored it and pulled right back up beside me. You know what pissed him off? my sequential tail lights! they looked soo cool passing him, and he didnt have any! LMFAO!

I am certain this guy went home with his ego hurt. While it made me happy that my car looks soo good as a v6, most folks cant tell its a v6, that this guy was trying to race me for about 10 minutes..

in the end, he ended up turning off the road, he snorted his supercharger one more time while looking back at me, I was at a red light, I did a monster brake torque and launch from that red light for him to see, it was great!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:56 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

this story has fail written all over it
Old 11-21-2010, 01:48 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
i've only been on this forum for a few months and i have almost 600 insightsful posts just like this one
+1, i couldn't agree more
Old 11-21-2010, 04:02 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Cool story.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:40 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdphillips73
I like owning a car that looks like a faster car, even though its not as fast as advertised. I also have cool sequential taillights that make up for my lack of speed. Whe most people brag about winning races, I just brag about people wanting to race me and then I cut them off in in traffic
slightly reworded your story, I hope you like my summary

I am wondering what my join date has to do with anything
Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

slightly reworded your story, I hope you like my summary

I am wondering what my join date has to do with anything
It means you are much less experienced, brutha man.

Plus, dick comment. He has a very fast car. Alot of show, but plenty of go as well. If I remember correctly, 3.73s, a CAI w/tune, and duals.

@ OP
Lol, nice one. Hopefully he didn't actually realize that you had a sixxer and was just being a dick, because by the way you described him he kind of sounded like it.

Last edited by MustangFirstCar; 11-21-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:48 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Nice story. It's always fun pissing these kind of guys off. I am however a little confused as to why this was posted in the tech section.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Blue07V6
2nd Gear Member

I have a decent looking car, 17in bullet style chrome rims, wondow vents, billet grilles, doesnt look like a 6 to most people. Every dummy that has SS on his car tries to race me, just the other day a guy in an SS trailblazer (6.0 about 375 horses) kept getting beside me, falling back, running up behind me, changing lanes, I got @#!*% because he was being stupid. he came up beside me at the light and when it turned green I floored it, looked around didnt see him behind me or beside me, he was in my blind spot. got to 90mph without him getting around me, I was on the loop and was approaching my turn so I let off and let him by, he was laughing his butt off. I was laughing because he thought he had just beat a GT.

Im really suprised how many vehicles my stock V6 can keep up with. Lot of guys with V8 trucks get furious when I beat them. So i think I will add some mods and see what she does.

Last edited by Blue07V6; 11-21-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:12 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
It means you are much less experienced, brutha man.
Less experienced at what exactly? Being on this forum?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Less experienced at what exactly? Being on this forum?
Yes, that would be correct. Not saying that I agree, or that I myself am more experienced, but that does seem to be what he meant.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT500 KR Mustang