Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Headers on ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 11:58 AM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Default Headers on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang...ht_2282wt_1504

came over this in the morning i really want headers. According to these guys they test and dyne the headers. Just wanted to confirm with everyone here before i buy anything.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Silver0911
1st Gear Member

Wow $100. I've never heard of them so I cant help. Good luck though.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Based on "Import" in the company name, and the price, your looking at Chinese made knock offs of the USA designed parts. Generally speaking they aren't a bad deal for the price, especially if you are doing the labor and can handle any likely fitment issues that come up as a result of the Chinese quality control.
In my case mine are off brand imports and I had to slightly enlarge a couple of the flange holes to line up cleanly with the head bolt holes and I needed to bend the EGR tube some to get that to line up with the nipple on the header. Finish wise they held up longer than better than I expected with my winter driving but don't expect them to maintain a show quality finish for too long. Another positive note is they haven't rusted through anywhere either and I've had them on through a few winters and I lost track of the miles, maybe 90k or more.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

They look like Chinese JBA knockoffs. They might work, but I wouldn't buy something like that anymore than I'd buy a "Ronex" watch.

Since you're in CA, another consideration is the real JBA's have a CARB exemption.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:26 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

damn.. i guess AM is the way to go. thanks guys. just gotta get some more funds
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

If you werent in Cali. I would tell you to go for it. I have what looks to be the exact same set on my car. I got them for 150 shipped and they fit great. Didnt and still to my knowledge dont leak and they added a heck of a tone to my car. I have had them on for 50K and I can say that is the best cheap route I have ever taken on my car. 99% of the time you go cheap you pay somewhere but these are pretty good
Old 04-07-2012, 10:22 AM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Reply from ebay seller: Hello,
Yes all of m2 performance parts are made over seas in Taiwan and China. Most aftermarket parts are made over seas now. The only thing that separates the parts are the factories that these companies use. m2 Performance uses an honest factory that provide quality parts. I have sold a ton of these over the last 3 years without any issues or complaints. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

You won't have any fitment issues because the flanges are the same shape as the oem ones. The piping on these are slightly bigger to allow more air flow. These are also a lot lighter than the stock ones. You shouldn't have any fitment issues with these but installation is not the easiest either. You won't have a lot of space to work with.

this true?

could i get a carb sticker ? there freakin shorty headers not nuclear long tube headers.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:27 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by IvanRad
Reply from ebay seller: Hello,
Yes all of m2 performance parts are made over seas in Taiwan and China. Most aftermarket parts are made over seas now. The only thing that separates the parts are the factories that these companies use. m2 Performance uses an honest factory that provide quality parts. I have sold a ton of these over the last 3 years without any issues or complaints. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you.

You won't have any fitment issues because the flanges are the same shape as the oem ones. The piping on these are slightly bigger to allow more air flow. These are also a lot lighter than the stock ones. You shouldn't have any fitment issues with these but installation is not the easiest either. You won't have a lot of space to work with.

this true?

could i get a carb sticker ? there freakin shorty headers not nuclear long tube headers.
You won't get a CARB sticker. For a part to receive a CARB exemption, the manufacturer must submit the part for testing, and it takes a pretty long time and some semi-serious $$$. These no-name offshore manufacturers paying slave type wages aren't going to do that.

That's not to say that it might not get missed in an inspection, but if they do catch them, you're going to be out of luck.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:56 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

damn. thanks for the input guys.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

ive been running some ebay shorties for a couple years or more. they werent m2`s or whatever but they have been great. no fitment issues, no other neg issues either. the ebay shorties have been around for a long time, and i know a bunch of guys running them on other forums. not for people in ca though, go with the jba, good stuff
Attached Thumbnails Headers on ebay?-headers.jpg   Headers on ebay?-headers-on.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 04-08-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Headers on ebay?